what do think of Kurds?

Kurds, a nation in medile east that some of them live in Iraq. i want to Know point of views from all over the word that how people do know about this nation. or have heard any about kurdish people or Kurdistan?

Favorite Answer

i think nothing of them

The Kurds that I have known personally are delightful people. I kinda feel sorry for them though because they are in a strange political situation.

Some are in Turkey and some are in Iraq. They are a minority in both places and nobody in the area wants them to have an independent state. I really don't know why except that their land has oil under it and the respective governments want tax money from the oil. This leaves the Kurds between a rock and hard place.

• baxter

Kurds are freedom warring parties and they have been combating for freedom for years. Turkey has come into the middle East 800 years in the past, Kurds come into the middle East 8000 years in the past. Turks and Muslim Arabs hate Kurds because Kurds weren't initially muslim, yet they don't hate Kurds because of that it because the Kurdish land has a good number of oil.. it really is why they hate Kurds and kills, tortures, kurds. Kurds wrestle for his or her freedom because they pick help and are combating today with ISIS and turkey.

Uh...worked with a few, been in classes with a few...Sucks that they're being systematically wiped out of the region but right now when people think "Iraq" they don't think "what happened to the Kurds?" which is sad. Hard to get people to listen.

Kurds - you mean the people who were subjected to genocide under the rule of Saddam when he was dictator of Iraq; the people who live in northern Iraq and parts of Turkey?

Yes, I have heard of them. From what I know of them, they seem to be in a difficult situation - the 2 major religious sects in Iraq do not want them to participate in any government and Turkey does not want them to form any kind of separate state.

All I know of them has been from documentaries and news programs describing them. They seem to be a quiet, peaceful people who want to enjoy their lands and families although I understand they can become very combative when someone tries to exterminate them as Saddam did.

If anything good comes of the situation in Iraq, I hope it happens for the Kurds.

a people that want to self rule, freedom from Iraq as well as

the Turks....they can be violent...not above using any means

for their ends....

I would like more information on them. It's a people, not a religion is my guess.

• Well, they are people.

not good w/out Wei ( damn why can i not spell?)