How do you get crayon writing off of the walls?

we are moving and need our deposit back and my children went crazy with some crayons. do any of you know any secrets because soap and water isn't working.

Best Answer

Ok, I clean carpets for a living part time and see this all the time. You didn't mention what kind of wall it was on, that is, was it wallpaper, brick, washable paint etc etc? Since the wrong treatment could make your problem worse, I am referring you to the best site - Crayolas - where they have every marker and can advise you in mere seconds. Good luck, and don't fret, it'll come off.

I have used a product called Mr Eraser and another called Goo Gone. U can also try Dreft laundry detergent with a sponge...that doesn't always work depending on the type of crayons. I've had the best luck with the first two products. Mr Eraser even removed permanent black marker from painted wood moulding! Good Luck!!

Those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers worked wonders for our walls. Kids went nuts with crayons here too.

• mand

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser

Mr. Clean magic eraser is a miracle worker. It's like $2 for a box of 4

Mr. Clean Majic Eraser's would take the crayon off.

2 ways of cleaning

1.Gently scrape away the wax with a plastic spoon or spatula.

2. Sprinkle baking soda on a damp white cloth.

3. Give the cloth to one of your tots and have him rub the marks off.

4. Dampen a sponge for the other one and have her rinse clean the residue.

5. Really stubborn marks may require Mom or Dad to spray on a very grown-up product: WD-40 or other multipurpose lubricating oil.

6. Wipe the wall clean with a damp towel.

• Garth

I agree with the other posts about the "Mr. Clean" magic erasers; they are probably your best bet. I saw a generic version of them at the drug store the other day as well. "Goof Off" will probably work as well, but if the walls are painted it will likely take some of the paint off as well.

Mr Clean magic eraser - cleaning to be done by the little hands that drew on the walls in the first place.

• My best friends kids do that some times Mr cleans Magic eraser works great for that buy a couple of them cause they shrink fast