Postural Defects. I need a list of them. Help pls?

Favorite Answer

1. NECK ACHE When the head is placed forward there is abnormal load and strain on the bones, discs, muscles, and ligaments of the neck. (postural strain on the neck can also cause dizziness, especially when the head is stooped forward and up, arching the neck).

2. HEADACHE Many people report that headaches occur in relation to neckache.

3. JAW PAIN When the head is placed forward and up, the neck is arched and pushes the jaw forward pressing the lower teeth toward the upper teeth causing dental and jaw problems.

4. NASAL & SINUS PROBLEMS When the neck is arched the ducts in the upper throat are blocked, and that interferes with the drainage of nasal or sinus cavities.

5. THROAT PROBLEMS When the neck is arched the throat is also arched and that places pressure on the larynx, effecting the voice, and the tonsils and other structures in the throat.

6. CHEST PROBLEMS When the head is placed forward and the upper spine is curved forward, there is downward pressure on the chest cavity which compresses the heart, lungs, and diaphram, and that can have a chronic effect on heart function and breathing. The downward compression also presses the ribs together causing strain on the muscles and ligaments of the chest to produce a wide variety of chest pains and cramps.

7. KIDNEY PROBLEMS A stooped posture places considerable downward pressure on the adrenal glands and kidneys which can block the outlets as well to influence adrenal function and cause kidney aches and kidney stones.

8. STOMACH PAINS Postural pressure on the stomach and bowels can impede the flow of digestive material through the body, and can result in poor digestion, stunted growth, and a wide variety of chronic digestive disorders and abdominal pains.

9. LOWER BACK PAIN In an upright posture all pressure is directed evenly down the well balanced spinal bones which are separated by cushion like discs. However a forward leaning posture puts leverage strain on the spine, particularly in the neck and lower spine, often producing chronic lower back pain.

10. CHRONIC FATIGUE ETC. A stooped posture puts pressure on the chest and abdominal cavities which acts as a pneumatic tournique to impair blood flow from the feet to the brain causing drowsiness, poor concentration, faintness, dizziness, and fatigue.

Repetitive downward pressure from the chest stretches the blood vessels below the midriff and increases their volume and weakens the vessel walls resulting in a weakness in the upward flow of blood so that the person tends to feel faint when the move from the laying position to the standing position. This is called postural hypotension.

u can check out a diagram at this link:

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~posture/#anchor244...

• dearth

Postural Defects

These are 2 Compilation albums I made containing my favorite songs. They are intended to be listened to as albums. Volume 1 - Early Beatles 1. 'I Saw Her Standing There' 2. 'Eight Days A Week' 3. 'Please Please Me' 4. 'Yesterday' 5. 'I'll Be Back' 6. 'A Hard Day's Night' 7. 'In My Life' 8. 'We Can Work It Out' 9. 'Love Me Do' 10. 'Ticket To Ride' 11. 'Help!' 12. 'Nowhere Man' 13. 'I Want To Hold Your Hand' 14. 'You Really Got A Hold On Me' 15. 'I Need You' 16. 'Day Tripper' 17. 'I'll Follow The Sun' 18. 'If I Fell' 19. 'You've Got To Hide Your Love Away' 20. 'All My Loving' 21. 'She Loves You' 22. 'The Night Before' 23. 'Boys' 24. 'What You're Doing' 25. 'Every Little Thing' 26. 'It Won't Be Long' 27. 'All I've Got To Do' 28. 'Please Mister Postman' 29. 'Think For Yourself' 30. 'Twist And Shout' Volume 2 - Later Beatles 31. 'Come Together 32. 'Eleanor Rigby' 33. 'Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)' 34. 'Long Long Long' 35. 'Let It Be' 36. 'Magical Mystery Tour' 37. 'A Day In The Life' 38. 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' 39. 'Something' 40. 'Tomorrow Never Knows' 41. 'Mother Nature's Son' 42. 'Dear Prudence' 43. 'Rain' 44. 'Fool On The Hill' 45. 'With A Little Help From My Friends' 46. 'I Am The Walrus' 47. 'Love You Too' 48. 'Helter Skelter' 49. 'Hey Jude' 50. 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' 51. 'Blue Jay Way' 52. 'Revolution 9' 53. 'Revolution 1' 54. 'For No One' 55. 'Your Mother Should Know' 56. 'You Never Give Me Your Money' 57. 'Across The Universe' 58. 'Savoy Truffle' 59. 'Sexy Sadie' 60. 'Here Comes The Sun'

spina bifida or scoliosis or detoration of the spine or neck injury.