What suv is good on gas?

i know the subaru forestor is pretty good, any others? ty

• sfcjcl
    Favorite Answer

Considering that SUV's are based on truck designs. They have been modernized over the years, but they are still, for the most part, a truck. Now, I own a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD (Common Rail Diesel). Jeep claimed to get 20 mpg in the city and 26 on the highway. I am getting 23 in the city and 29 on the highway. I do need a 4x4 for my job, and wanted something different than the pickups I have driven before. My little Jeep was just the answer, but for you, consider whether or not an SUV is the right choice of car if MPG is so important. Also, though I looked at the hybrid, I don't drive alot of highway miles, which is where the hybrid gets it good mileage. Look at the way they work. The diesel provide great mileage and power for a lot less than the hybrid. As for the Forrester, that was my second choice, just got the jeep cheaper. I guess what I am saying that I not convinced about the hybrids with so many new diesel and gas models comming out in 2007 and 2008.

None of them are GOOD on gas !! LOL

But some are better than others. I have heard from a few people that own them that the Nissan models do very well and are safety rated as well.

It just came across the news today, in Canada, they are considering charging an extra tax for to anyone purchasing an SUV for environmental reasons, they are rated that inefficient.

With the price of gas steadily reaching new highs, I would not be considering an SUV for a vehicle. LOL

Source(s): at $4.36 a gallon I would think watching money flow freely out of your bank account at every gas station would be a good sourse! lol

Escape Hybrid

Escape Hybrid, Toyota Rav 4, most smaller ones are good.

Lexus RX 360 is hybrid

Ford Escape and the H3

ne suv thats 4 cylinder

Chevy HHR, it get's 23 city / 30 highway

Source(s): radio commercial

RAV4, & Honda CRV

none are really good, but the toyota's are okay