Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

how can you lose 40 pounds in 2 months?

Favorite Answer

If you want to do this it is for life so you need to totally change your way of eating and exercising. This is not a diet rather than a healthy eating plan for life. So no more talking diet cause it means time limit.

Here are the golden rules:

Initially cut down to 1200 (women) - 1500 (men) calories.

Exercise 6 times per week for 1 hours a day. Do three weight sessions and three cardio sessions. No gym involved if you don't have the access.

Don't eat carbs after 4pm, never eat carbs within 2 hours of exercise or within 1 hour of exercise.

Drink 3 litres of water per day. You can have a green tea at the end of the day.

Limit your fruit in take to 2 pieces per day.

Never eat dinner after 6pm.

Adopt of low GI eating plan this is sustainable for life!

Make low fat dairy choices

Follow this menu plan as a suggestion:

Breakfast 7am - 1 cup hot water w lemon

20 minutes later have a bowel of oats w water (no honey) OR

fruit salad w low GI soy yogurt

Snack 10am - pear or apple (both low GI)

Lunch 12.30pm - muligrain sandwich w 50g tuna & salad (no butter)

Snack 3pm - low GI yogurt OR skim berry smoothie (no honey or banana) plenty of ice, 1/2 cup skim milk & 1/4 cup yogurt

Dinner 5.30pm - 120g grilled lean meat/fish/prawns/tofu patties (not fried) w spinach salad & mixed vegies (no whites, carbs) OR 3 egg white/soy omlette with ham, cheese and tomato

Snack - 1 scoop of low cal low fat ice cream (if hungry)

Exercise is must be intense. Refer to www.bodybuilding.com for your weights routine. Never do weights two consecutive days have a cardio day in between.

Cardio needs to include running, go hard up stair wells and cycling. If you have access to a gym include boxing and spin classes as well. You get the most benefits from exercise when your body is totally fatigued and this is when you see changes.

To maintain you can increase calories to 1500 (women) - 1800 (men) and reduce exercise sessions to 3-4 times per week. If weight creeps up again due to holiday period etc.. go back to 1200 (women) - 1500 (men) cal and 6 sessions again.

Good luck it worked for me it can work for anyone.

How To Lose 40 Pounds Fast

Lose 40 Pounds 2 Months - https://tr.im/dietforwomen

Exercise is really the key here. Do HIIT for 3-4 days a week and trust me you will shed the weight off so quickly it's the last stubborn pounds of fat on you're stomach thighs and back that don't go.

Good luck x

• MAK

For each pound that you have to lose you must consume 3,500 less calories per week. So therefore if you consume 7,000 less calories this week than you did last week you will lose two pounds and so forth. For you to lose forty pounds in two months then you have eight weeks and thereby you must lose five pounds per week so you multiply 5 by 3,500 which gives you 17,500 . So you need to consume 17, 500 calories less than you normally would in your regular diet and you must do this for eight weeks straight and then you will lose 40 pounds. The way to do this is to consume 600 calories per day. Good Luck with that.

• Michael6 years agoReport

But what if you upped the calories you burned to about 750 - 1000 per day instead of maybe 500 as before? What about eating somewhat normally (1200-1500 calories) with the above calorie burn? Then its possible again. My metabolism is slow but even I can loose about 4 lbs a week with this method.

wow. well, i think I'll take some of this advice when my pregnancy comes to an end so that I can lose weight quickly as well! Good luck to you

hey all, out of all the lose fat diets that I have used, the only thing that changed everything for me was Adams fat code (just look it up on google). Really the most workable program that worked amazingly well.

You can do it in two minutes, if you cut a leg off.

If you change your diet and exercise, you lose weight if you can be consistent. It's a battle of will more than anything else, a chance to prove if you are stronger on the inside.

Healthy weight loss is 2 lbs a week. So if you do not want it back try for that goal, thus about 18 lbs

I lost 74 pounds in 1 month but I am not gonna recommend the diet I did because you end up with stretch marks galore and it is unhealthy