Is a messy room a sign of a potential genius?

my room is really messy thats why im asking. where did i hear that before....

Best Answer

I'm sure we would ALL like to believe that, but I don't think it's actually true. Because if it was, I would be the one with the highest IQ ever recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records and not Marilyn vos Savant!! Sorry, you can come in second if you insist.

A messy room really has no bearing on wether or not a person is a genius. yes, it is possible that a messy room could be symbolic of the clutter of ideas in a genius' mind but it is also possibly a sign of laziness. However, a messy room may not be messy to the person in it. If that person knows where everything is, then it is organized. So, the answer is: Having a messy room is all perspective based.

Almost everyone has the potential for genius,it's what you do with it.With a messy room you may just be lazy or you may have so much going on in your mind all the time that you haven't learned how to harness the thoughts yet. Granted,I'm biased,but my father was a brilliant mathematician.I never found any math or science problem he didn't either already know or could figure out in a matter of minutes.That being said,he was the biggest slob I ever have met when it came to putting things he had used away(like tools,dishes,sports equipment).

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): messy room sign potential genius: https://shortly.im/huICO

No.

A messy room is a sign of a messy person.

A potentially depressed messy person.

Not neccessarily. My daughter's room was always messy....no...I take that back. Her room was always a pig stye. She is now 28 years old and she hasn't changed. She still won't clean. So, although she was smart in school (she made the national honor society), when it comes to cleanliness, she's hopeless. I think a messy room is a sign that you are easily distracted by other more interesting things than cleaning. That hardly qualifies anyone as a genius.

Nope, however genius is a sign of potential messiness.

Often genii (plural of genius!) have personalities that deal mostly with abstract concepts, and spending time on the "mundane and unimportant" details of organizing a room is less likely.

Source(s): My room is pretty clean, but the folders on my hard drive? Ugly.

No, a messy room is the sign of a potential pig!

Possibly, only if the person is smart enough to call a housekeeping service. You obviously have better things to accomplish than to clean your room.

This goes hand in hand with the question; "Is a messy desk a sign of a disorganized person?"

Nope it's a sign that you are a bit of a messy person! Where DId you hear that? probably another messy person who needed an excuse for his messiness!

It kind of goes along the lines that a person who is a genius lacks some common sense. Look at Einstein. He was a genius, he flunked out of school, and his hair wasn't the neatest thing in the world. It is usually due to a person giving nearly obsessive attention to their chosen course.