Where can kids learn how to play soccer?

My kids'll be spending the entire summer in NYC. My 51/2 year-old son is a soccer fanatic. He would absolutely love to play all summer long, if possible. Does any one know if there are any soccer schools/camps/teams that play over the summer, preferably in Manhattan? This could make or break his summer. That's how much he loves the game! HELP!

Best Answer

Besides looking into your YMCA and rec centers, also look for a organization in the area called the AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization) I would imagine it would be available in your area, we have it in the hick town I'm from (LOL) anyway the reason I recommend it, is because they are completely volunteer run organization that encourages parental involvement. At least they are here (small town MN) They are less competitive at that young of an age and focus more on team play, rules of the game, and having fun. My son joined last summer when he was six and loved it, my husband and I both coached and we had a great time as well and we got to be involved in something that our son really liked, it was great for our family.

http://www.manhattankickers.com

I found this website, hope it helps.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe soccer has long since surpassed little league baseball as the number 1 U.S. youth sport. So, yes, of course American kids should learn to play soccer. I'm an advocate for youth partaking in all organized sports. It builds character at a young age and teaches teamwork - something they certainly are NOT learning in the school system.

Try the local YMCA or the community centers there -they used to have classes.

But if they themselves do not conduct lessons, they may have some information atleast.

OMG!!!!!!! I LOVE SOCCER!!!!! u have chosen the right sport. lol . well try and contact the park recreation or look in the yellow pages.

Try the Parks and Recreation in ur area....or YMCA...

soccer practice

On a soccer feild???

Put him or her in a camp.

sorry, but it is alreadedy well into june, all camps are probably booked :(

school