Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

what do you say about the corruption in present days, how far do you think we youngsters can help lessen it?

Favorite Answer

Corruption is a way of life. It goes back to the first time someone needed a favor. Try not to get caught, don't take advantage of the mentally challenged and uhhh...remember to eat your vegetables.

• djack

Corruption isn't the word I'd use. Corruption, like the case of the Republican Congressman form Calif or the Democrat from La, cases where they took money for votes or political assistance is illegal, the FBI among others are fighting it, & I hope all guilty of such things rot in jail forever.

The stuff people are looking at a lot right now with lobbiest & campaign finance are a little bit more of a grey area. I mean if you are trying to sell me something & take me to lunch so that you can spend that time convincing me, is that a crime? If you pay me to fly out & speak at your event, is that illegal? If you set up fundraising events for my campaign that help me get elected & then when I'm in office you call & want to meet with me to discuss issues you're concerned with, is that illegal? On the surface, all those things are legitimate, but it gets tricky when people accuse you of voting one way or another because your supporters bought you off with perks. Congress is working on tightening up the rules & I think they're doing quite well. There has to be a balance though. As bad a rap as lobbiest are getting, they are the people your organization hires to go up to the hill & advocate with your free speech rights for the policies you support. It's a tricky subject that both sides have problems with.

AS far as what you can do about it, you have to work from within the system to change it for the better. When doing that you'll quickly see that as soon as 99% of people get close to power they are consumed with the opportunity to accomplish the things they believe in & many times forget the character & ethics they started with. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Hold your morals close to you, like precious gems. Keep them safe for the days when your generation takes the reins of power, and perhaps if enough of you do this, you will make a difference in the corruption that is so much a part of life now.

www.earthrights.net/docs/oilrent

A system like this that is working right now is able to be done for every state and by the Feds. There is NO reason why every other state with many more commodities and in larger quantiites can't do even better. The Feds with all the resources at thier disposal should do 50 times better than Alaska!

Corruption is evident all around us, in almost every facet of life. There always has been corruption, and always will be, so I guess the only thing to do is follow Gandhi's advice and be the change you seek in the world.

Make sure you do not elect people from priviledged backgrounds. In most cases the old school tie network, means that they are crooks from an early age. They trade with each other, golf with each other, marry their daughters off to money etc.

analyse established standards and question them. Always question authority until you are satisfied that their actions and attitudes are correct.

There are many mindless people who follow the established beliefs like sheep (just look at religion and spirituality on this site).

Read all you can

Become a free thinker

If corruption in politics is of concern to you, you should contact your state branch of Common Cause. Their mission is to fight against corruption in politics.

http://www.commoncause.org/site/pp.asp?c=dkLNK1MQI...

Well there is a lot present in this world. Only one advise avoid as much as possible.

take the lathi in ur hands, even a swords if the need arises. that's the only way. if u see any body prompting/ indulging in corruption smack him down.. that's the way i know and that's what we should do...........