De-Clawing my cat?

The people that I bought my cat from are firmly against De-Clawing cats... But my mom De-Clawed her cat about 2 years ago... and her cat loves her, she sleeps with my mom, she follows my mom around.. they are like best friends. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on her cat a year on just spoiling it.. and the... show more The people that I bought my cat from are firmly against De-Clawing cats... But my mom De-Clawed her cat about 2 years ago... and her cat loves her, she sleeps with my mom, she follows my mom around.. they are like best friends. My mother spends hundreds of dollars on her cat a year on just spoiling it.. and the cat just loves her to death. The cat is an indoor cat and has never been outside... but she was tearing up all of her furniture and everything.. even when my mom kept her nails trimmed. I just recently bought a kitty and she is starting to do the same things.. what do you think?
Update: I don't want to buy too many cat toys because I have a really nice house with beautiful furniture and I don't want it to look like I live in a white trash mess...
Update 2: STOP ASKING ME IF I WANT MY FINGERNAILS RIPPED OFF PLEASE.... It's a very immature response to a very serious question.
Update 3: STOP ASKING ME IF I WANT MY FINGERNAILS RIPPED OFF PLEASE.... It's a very immature response to a very serious question.

BTW we have the tape that goes on furniture and it doesn't work. And there is NO WAY that anyone would be able to hold down my cat to put on soft claws... I know what they are.
Update 4: Twisted R- I didn't say that all of the answers were immature. I just got sick of reading people's answers that included... "Cut off the tips of your fingers and see how you feel" or "Imagine your fingers cut off" That's not what I was asking for. I was asking people to tell me... show more Twisted R-
I didn't say that all of the answers were immature. I just got sick of reading people's answers that included... "Cut off the tips of your fingers and see how you feel" or "Imagine your fingers cut off" That's not what I was asking for. I was asking people to tell me what they thought about my circumstances... not to give me crap about it...