Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSan Diego · 1 decade ago

What do you think of Petco Park?

If you haven't been, or are not a baseball fan, ignore this question.

Best Answer

I've been to a few Padres games at Petco Park. It's a pretty nice new ballpark, although it tries to create a feel of being a larger version of one of the old style ballparks with a brick building built into it (the Western Metal Building was preserved and integrated into the stadium). The nosebleed seats... are pretty nosebleed, but the closer seats are pretty nice. The concessions are pretty standard, with a few San Diego favorites. My favorite food is the garlic fries from Gordon Biersch. one nice aspect is that around the park's main walkways there are HD tvs showing the game while you're standing in line to get food, etc.

i think it's nicer than Qualcomm stadium was for baseball. However, i'm still upset at some of the political manuevering that occured to get it built, using public tax money. Its downtown location is great, and brings extra traffic to the bars and restaurants of the Gaslamp Quarter, and extra riders trying out San Diego's transit options to avoid the high cost of parking downtown.

I like driving though there as a shortcut.

Source(s): Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition REMIX

Didn't spend enough money on it.