Why has the Harley Davidson V Rod been slated? I'd buy it!?

Best Answer

Performs too well. 115 horsepower and fuel injection compared to 45 hp on the 883 and 70 hp on the 1200 - both carbeureted. Its not the rattletrap, kidney shaking machine like "true" Harleys are, and many of the "real" Harley guys (you know, the guys that put 300 miles a year on the odometer, own the chaps and frilly leather, only ride when its 65 degrees or warmer out), don't think its a "real" Harley since it doesn't share the same POS characteristics of the softail and hardtail garbage they own. Go figure - the minute Harley gets on the right track and starts to come out of the stone age with something that will actually perform, Harley buyers demand cruddy performance. Double your IQ or no money back!

• jack f

Obviously the previous guy don't like harleys much. The v rod is a good performance harley, but not much else. It gets crappy gas mileage. Its not comfortable. Doesnt have that harley sound or looks. Doesn't handle great in comparison to sport bikes.

I bet the guy that dissed harleys got his butt kicked by a big bad biker. Or maybe he lost his little girlie. LOL

this is just hear say but some harley riders I know that live on my block said that they are easy to lay down.

Don't know but I've ridden one on a 2 hr ride. VERY uncomfortable. Only thing going for it was the looks.