How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?

So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it. My question is, how bad will this hurt under standard local anestetic? Will I just feel the pressure of them working on my teeth? My top two... show more So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how bad will this hurt under standard local anestetic? Will I just feel the pressure of them working on my teeth? My top two teeth are really decayed already, so I hope that in someway is a good thing in the removal.

Any help would be appreciated!
Update: OK I just got back from the procedure, and can now vouche that it doesn't hurt that bad. I was going to do the local anesthetic, but I kept gagging for whatever reason after getting the needles. The stuff leaked into my throat and was making the whole ordeal hell. So they hooked me up to an IV. I didn't... show more OK I just got back from the procedure, and can now vouche that it doesn't hurt that bad. I was going to do the local anesthetic, but I kept gagging for whatever reason after getting the needles. The stuff leaked into my throat and was making the whole ordeal hell. So they hooked me up to an IV. I didn't want to do that initially, because I had never gone under for anything before, and the idea felt weird to me. but I said OK, I'll give it a shot.

It was weird. I had my eyes open, and the IV in and I remember the assistant saying OK we're ready to go...next thing I remember is someone saying "OK you're all done." So I have no memory whatsoever of the operation. I don't even remember falling asleep. It was a light sedation I suppose, but I don't remember being awake for any of the operation. Needless to say, I feel no pain. Right now my mouth has gauze in it, and I'm eating Wendy's Frosties for the time being. So far no pain, but I'm on the meds. Glad they're out of there!