If I unplug cable cord between wall & modem & switch to longer cord, will it mess anything up?

I just want to switch cords, but I wouldn't know what to do if I had to do anything else once the 2nd cord was plugged back in (hopefully this makes sense!)
Update: Guys, seriously, I know it won't blow up or anything, I'm just saying if I have to call the cable company, do something with the IP address, or anything that requires effort I'm just going to say F it and not do it. I admit I don't know that much about computers but I'm not THAT dumb. hehe. ... show more Guys, seriously, I know it won't blow up or anything, I'm just saying if I have to call the cable company, do something with the IP address, or anything that requires effort I'm just going to say F it and not do it. I admit I don't know that much about computers but I'm not THAT dumb. hehe. Thanks to those w/ serious answers. And to the chick who called me stupid, you might want to learn how to spell stupid before calling someone else stupid. :)