Has anyone heard of putting their keyboard in the dishwasher to clean it?

I spilt HOT wax on my keyboard and am a loss as to how to get it clean. I have heard that you can put them in the dishwasher to clean it. Is that safe?
Update: Ok Ok, I have to let everyone know that this actuallly happened to me about 5 months ago or so and so I thought I'd give it a try besides if it broke I would just have to go buy a new one anyways right? Well I washed it threw all the cycles and put it upside down on a towel to dry for several days. After that I... show more Ok Ok, I have to let everyone know that this actuallly happened to me about 5 months ago or so and so I thought I'd give it a try besides if it broke I would just have to go buy a new one anyways right? Well I washed it threw all the cycles and put it upside down on a towel to dry for several days. After that I plugged it in and guess what!! Ha Ha Ha I'm still using it!!!