Do you think the Gulf of Mexico is really the ocean?

Some people say that the Gulf of Mexico isn't really the ocean. What do you think?

Best Answer

WTF? The Gulf of Mexico is a gulf...of Mexico...

A gulf is an inlet or piece of the ocean, surrounded on 2 or more sides by land, so yes, the Gulf of Mexico is part of the world ocean...they all connect you know. Look at an atlas.

I don't see why it would be said that it isn't, it's not like it's an isolated body of water, it's the Atlantic ocean's overflow to the west. I believe it is a part of the ocean that is simply referred to as the "Gulf of Mexico".

However I may be wrong...

That little pond? It's a gulf, they should call it the Gulf. It's called an ocean because of it size.

It is a gulf which feeds into the Atlantic ocean

Well, its a Gulf, not an Ocean. That's true by definition. But I've swum in it, and I've swum in the Atlantic, and I can't see a whole lot of difference. So, I'd say it's kinda an extension of the ocean.

It's not the Ocean per say.. it's a gulf.. hence the name. But it is connected to the big blue (ocean).

The water comes from the ocean.

is part of the ocean that chills in a gulf, its like the vacation spot

a gulf is an extention of the ocean.

See what I propose by technique of pondering the surely useful information? So I place in my techniques a gas field, between the partitions is a piston, you have some way of ascending or lowering the field utilising 0 capability, merely for concept sake. nicely, sheer water rigidity would compress the gas extra dramatically than the temperature distinction, it is my guess. on the different hand, you could no longer extract capability from rigidity because of the fact it derives from the gravitational means... Any capability advantageous factors from the gas growth at greater temperature would be marginal. lower back, a thermocouple would somewhat artwork (i think of?), however the fee for any considerable output,.... thank you for the OTEC hyperlink. lower back, information !!