Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 decade ago

what exactly is ERP?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • jamal
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is the industry term used to describe a broad set of activities supported by multi-module application software that helps a manufacturer or other business manage the important parts of its business. These parts can include product planning, parts purchasing, maintaining inventories, interacting with suppliers, providing customer service, and tracking orders. ERP can also include application modules for the finance and human resources aspects of a business.

Some of the bigger players in the ERP outsourcing market are SAP, Peoplesoft, and J. D. Edwards. New comers include Oracle, IBM, and Microsoft.

• 1 decade ago

This stands for Enterprise Resource Plan -This is the software that integrates departments and functions across a company into one computer system. ERP runs off a single database, enabling various departments to share information and communicate with each other. ERP systems comprise function-specific modules designed to interact with the other modules, eg Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Purchasing, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Enterprise resource planning systems (ERPs) are management information systems (MISs) that integrate and automate many of the business practices associated with the operations or production and distribution aspects of a company engaged in manufacturing products or services. The systems concentrate on the efficency of a firm's internal production, distribution and financial processing.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Wow, thank you! I was asking myself the same question the other day

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

I think so

• 4 years ago

very good question

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.