一些關於science的英文問題 急 20點喔
1) What is the definition for a substance to be identified as a metal?
2) What are the main physical properties of most metals – find out about the atomic structure which helps to explain the reason for these properties.
What is the meaning of each of the following terms – malleable, ductile, luster, conductivity, melting point, hardness, density?
3) Find two examples of metals whose physical properties are exceptions to each of the general properties you have noted in 2).
4) What are the main chemical properties of the principle metals included in our in-class studies of this topic.
5) What is an alloy? Is an alloy a mixture or a compound? Give a clear explanation for your answer.
6) Find out information about five different alloys, their properties and their uses.
7) What is an ore? And how is an ore mineral? How does an ore compare to a metal?
- Lily4yaLv 41 decade agoFavorite Answer
1.Any of a category of electropositive elements that usually have a shiny surface, are generally good conductors of heat and electricity, and can be melted or fused, hammered into thin sheets, or drawn into wires. Typical metals form salts with nonmetals, basic oxides with oxygen, and alloys with one another.
2. An alloy of two or more metallic elements.An atom is the smallest building block of matter. Atoms are made of neutrons, protons and electrons. The nucleus of an atom is extremely small in comparison to the atom. If an atom was the size of the Houston Astrodome, then its nucleus would be the size of a pea.
*malleable = Capable of being shaped or formed, as by hammering or pressure
ductile = Easily molded or shaped
luster =Soft reflected light ,Brilliance or radiance of light
conductivity =The ability or power to conduct or transmit heat, electricity.
melting point = To be changed from a solid to a liquid state especially by the application of heat.
hardness = The quality or condition of being hard
density = The quantity of something per unit measure, especially per unit length, area, or volume.
2006-05-23 18:17:06 補充：
3. platinum,white gold .4. alkali metals, alkali earth metals, transition metals, halogens and noble gases
2006-05-23 18:17:27 補充：
5. "alloy", they are referring to aluminum, but in actuality, all of the metal (steel, aluminum, titanium) used in bicycles are mixtures by which other elements are added to the primary element to improve it for its intended use.
2006-05-23 18:17:48 補充：
6. )1, alloy wheel - shining wheel2. 14 carat (58%) gold - ring3. can - coke4. Alloy Pedal -for bike5. Alloy bed frame - for beding ----
2006-05-23 18:18:53 補充：
7.1. An ore is a volume of rock containing components or minerals in a mode of occurrence which renders it valuable for mining.
2006-05-23 18:20:24 補充：
2.Ore deposits are mineral deposits defined as being economically recoverable. Mineral deposits may include those bodies of mineralisation which are uneconomic resources, of too low a grade or tonnage or technically impossible for extraction of the contained metal..
2006-05-23 18:20:38 補充：
3.Mines produce 75% pure ready to use metal and 25% ore. Ore is useless, but can be converted into pure metal by smelter units. And metal are made out of ore
2006-05-23 18:24:43 補充：
因為太長了,超過2000字了所以我分開成(補充內容) 回答.[ 補充意見 ] 裡面 還有剩下的第7題裡面的2,3 問題的回答.你應該看的懂,我分開題目很清楚,而且裡面的細項問題也回答了. 不知答案如何.因為我是去科學網頁上一個一個找在加上自己的意見的....希望幫到你 ^^Source(s): research by fox 網頁加自己的努力
- 1 decade ago