小鳥 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

請問“我很注重時間觀念”的英文該怎麼翻譯??(急件)

這是對話中的一段句子:守時是我最重視的約會品質,因為我非常沒有耐心,不喜歡等,而且我很注重時間觀念。

請幫幫忙吧 !!!

Rating
    Favorite Answer

可以這樣翻:守時是我最重視的約會品質,因為我非常沒有耐心,不喜歡等,而且我很注重時間觀念。(Personally,) I see punctuality as the most important quality when I have an appointment (或是 I am on a date) with the other person, because I am an impatient person and do not like to wait around for others, and that I value/treasure time above everthing else.約會有兩種, 一種是正式的約會, 用 have an appointment, 另外一種則是非正式的(像談戀愛等), 用 on a date參考看看^^

2006-04-23 16:44:39 補充:

Agree with Adam!

2006-04-23 17:11:48 補充:

回版主, Adam 大師補充的完全沒錯, "注重時間觀念"用 "I am time-conscious"會比較好, 所以, 以上例句可以這樣修改:(Personally,) I see punctuality as the most important quality (when it comes to) having an appointment (or being on a date), (for) I am both impatient and time-conscious, and do not like to wait around for others.

2006-04-23 17:12:19 補充:

在這個修改中, 我用了 when it comes to 來表達 "在...場合下", "當...發生時" 等的意思, 所以, 在這個例子可以解釋成為"在約會的場合下..". 還有, 要注意的是, 由於 when it comes to 是在描述一個狀態, 所以必須連接現在進行式的動詞. "having an appointment", "being on a date" 都是擁有這樣形態的子句.

2006-04-23 17:13:03 補充:

另外, 由於 "非常沒有耐心" 和 "很注重時間觀念" 都是在描述這個人的敘述句, 因此把兩者放在一起聽起來會比較清楚, 所以在這裡我改為 " I am both impatient and time-conscious,"

Source(s): The Boy from Oz (澳洲男孩)
  • Adam

我很注重時間觀念其實可以說

I'm (a) time-conscious (person).

請參考這這個譯法:

1. 守時可譯為 "to be on time", "being on time","to be punctual", "being punctual",或"puntuality"等.

2."我最重視"有" I care...most", "Icare...best","I make a great point of V+ing", "I make it a great point to do",或"...is my top priority(第一優先)"等說法.

3. 社交約會用date, 看牙等正式的約會用appointment.

4. "沒耐心"有一種生動的說法, 是" run out of patience easily", "run out of patience soon/fast/quickly".

4. 本句還有一個沒明講出來的"我一向...我總是..."觀念,可用"all the time","at all times",使語意更完整,而且貼切本句"time"的主題.

4. "因別人不準時而被迫等人",可譯為" to be made to wait (for)..."

5. 本句兼採意議與直譯.

6. 整句可譯為: (上列的說法都可交叉選擇採用)

Punctuality is the quality I care most for my dates. Because I never enjoy the feeling of waiting, it is always very easy for me to run out of patience quite soon. Furthermore, I make it a great point to be on time all the time. 或

Being on time is the top priority I care for my appointments. Since I've never been comfortable to be made to wait, I always run out of my patience so fast. Above all, I make a great point of being punctual at all times.

或從上列的各種說法, 任意交叉形成各種不同的組合.

Source(s): me

守時是我最重視的約會品質,因為我非常沒有耐心,不喜歡等,而且我很注重時間觀念。

Is punctual appointment quality which is I most takes, because I

extremely do not have the patience, does not like and so on, moreover

I pay great attention to the time idea very much.

整句的翻譯

Source(s):

守時是我最重視的約會品質,因為我非常沒有耐心

Because I am very impatient, I care a lot if my date is on time.

不喜歡等

I don't like to wait.

而且我很注重時間觀念

Also I am a very punctual person.