good
Lv 4
good asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

訂正英翻中(reservations managers)

請幫忙訂正英翻中。請不要使用翻譯軟體。謝謝!

Sarah Shepherd was visiting her hotel chain\'s Midwest central reservations office in Des Moines, Iowa, wondering the facilities with other reservations managers. She had a lot of work to do back in Bloomington, and she didn\'t understand what good it could do her to see how a roomful of reservations agents took orders over the telephone. \"Frankly, I don\'t know either,\" her GM had told her. \"I just have the suspicion that we could make a lot better use of our central reservations system. We\'re currently booking 30 percent of our rooms with them. Maybe we could do better. I\'d like you to find out if that\'s true and bring back some recommendations.\"

Sarah Shepherd 訪視她的連鎖飯店,位於愛荷華州首府迪莫伊的中西中央辦公室,想知道其他訂房經理的能力。她回去伯明頓之後有很多事要做,she didn\'t understand what good it could do her to see how a roomful of reservations agents took orders over the telephone.「老實說,我也不知道,」GM(總經理?)告訴她。「我懷疑利用中央訂房系統是否可以做得更好。我們目前已利用那個系統預定了百分之三十的房間。也許我們的業績可以更好。我要你去證實那是否屬實並帶回一些建議。

Right now, I\'d recommend catching an early flight home, she thought as the tour leaders began dividing the large group into smaller teams. Recognizing Gabe Culberson, the reservations manager from her sister property in Bloomington, she went to join his team. \"At least I\'ll have a friend to commiserate with,\" she said under her breath. Sarah and Gabe were joined by Gwen Hsu, a reservations manager from one of the chain\'s St Louis properties.

我建議搭乘早班飛機立刻回家,她認為導遊開始將這一大旅行團分成幾個小隊伍。她認出了伯明頓姊妹店的訂房經理Gabe Culberson,她想要加入他那一隊。「至少我還有個朋友可以」她喃喃自語。Sarah和Gave被St Louis properties 連鎖店的訂房經理Gwen Hsu撮合。

Update:

"wondering why her general manager had wanted her to spend a day touring the facilities with other reservations managers"

關於第一段,是我不小心漏掉很多…

「她想要知道為什麼總經理要她空出一天和其他的訂房經理一起參觀飯店設備。」不知道這樣對不對?

1 Answer

Rating
  • c-
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

首先我想建議一點,就是當要翻譯時,最好能先把文章分成句子這樣不但看的清楚,而且能學習光讀文章大意、就能稍微了解大概意思Sarah Shepherd was visiting her hotel chain's Midwest central

reservations office in Des Moines, Iowa, wondering the facilities with

other reservations managers. Sarah Shepherd

訪視她的連鎖飯店,位於愛荷華州首府迪莫伊的中西中央辦公室,想知道其他訂房經理的能力。sarah shepherd 去探訪其任職的連鎖飯店位於愛荷華州首府迪莫伊的『中西部地區中央訂房』辦公室,與其它的訂房經理們在辦公是四處閒逛 (在這裏,有沒有可能是打字錯誤,wandering 打成 wondering?因為 wondering 有點怪怪的)She had a lot of work to do back in

Bloomington, and she didn't understand what good it could do her to see

how a roomful of reservations agents took orders over the telephone.

她回去伯明頓之後有很多事要做,she didn't

understand what good it could do her to see how a roomful of

reservations agents took orders over the

telephone.她在博明頓還有許多事要做 (back in 指的不是回去後,而是像我們說"在我老家台北怎樣怎樣",明明可以說台北就好,卻要加上"在老家台北",同樣道理,back in bloomington 就是"在博明頓那裏"的意思) 她不了解光是看一屋子的訂房人員經由電話訂房,對她會有什麼好處。"Frankly, I don't know either," her GM had told her. "I just have the

suspicion that we could make a lot better use of our central

reservations system. We're currently booking 30 percent of our rooms

with them. Maybe we could do better. I'd like you to find out if that's

true and bring back some recommendations."「老實說,我也不知道,」總經理告訴她。「我懷疑利用中央訂房系統是否可以做得更好。我們目前已利用那個系統預定了百分之

三十的房間。也許我們的業績可以更好。我要你去證實那是否屬實並帶回一些建議。「老實說,我也不知道,」總經理告訴她。「我只是懷疑,說不定我們可以更善用我們的中央訂房系統。我們目前有三成的訂房是經由他們,或許成績可以更好。我希望妳能去看看是否如此,並帶些建議回來。」我建議搭乘早班飛機立刻回家,她認為導遊開始將這一大旅行團分成幾個小隊伍。現在我只想建議趕快搭飛機回家.. 當導遊開始把大團體分成小隊時,她這麼想著。她認出了伯明頓姊妹店的訂房經理

Gabe Culberson,她想要(這裏是 wEnt 而不是 want)加入他那一隊。「至少我還有個朋友可以」她喃喃自語。她認出了伯明頓姊妹店的訂房經理

Gabe Culberson,她跑去加入他那個小隊。「至少我還有個朋友可以互相同情」她喃喃自語。Sarah和Gave被St Louis

properties 連鎖店的訂房經理Gwen Hsu撮合。來自聖路易的另一位訂房經理 Gwen Hsu 也跑來加入 Sarah 跟 Gabe.

2006-04-23 20:32:08 補充:

抱歉,因為字數問題,後面三段只好把原文刪除..

2006-04-23 21:42:39 補充:

"wondering why her general manager had wanted her to spend a day touring the facilities with other reservations managers"

「不知道為什麼總經理會要她花一天時間和其他的訂房經理們一起參觀 (從後文看來應該是指中央訂房辦公室,而不是飯店吧?)」

Source(s): me+
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.