有人可解答慾望街車v.s southern gothic?
有人可解答慾望街車v.s southern gothic之間的關係 關聯?
Discuss \"southern gothic\" elements in \"A Streetcar Named Desire\"?
越多越好 最好用原文回答 謝謝了 10點!
可以再多一些嗎? 謝謝喔 越多越好啦
- earthlLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
First of all, you need a definition
(1) it relies on supernatural, ironic, or unusual events to guide the plot.
(2) it uses these tools not for the sake of suspense, but to explore social issues and reveal the cultural character of the American South.
(3) usually avoids perpetuating Antebellum stereotypes like the contented slave, the demure Southern belle, the chivalrous gentleman, or the righteous Christian preacher. Instead, the writer takes classic Gothic archetypes, such as the damsel in distress or the heroic knight, and portrays them in a more modern and realistic manner — transforming them into, for example, a spiteful and reclusive spinster, or a white-suited, fan-brandishing lawyer with ulterior motives.
(4) often use deeply flawed, grotesque characters for greater narrative range and more opportunities to highlight unpleasant aspects of Southern culture, without being too literal or appearing to be overly moralistic.
===Follow the abovementioned definitions, it would be easy to define T. Williams’ “A Street Car Named Desire” a South Gothic
(1) No supernatural events but the location is weird—Elysian field and the Name of the car.
(2) Blanche (White) is involved in this “Desired Street” and contrast between the Old South and New South is presented.
(3) Damsel in distree: Blanche. Heroic knight: Mitch (but a lamed knight)
(4) unpleasant aspects of Southern culture: Blanche’s paying too much attention on her appearance and heritage (thus she blamed Stanley as an animal).
2006-04-19 00:36:04 補充：
很難ㄟ第一字數問題第二是這個劇本我好幾年沒有看了講多了,我也怕自己有錯所以還是只能告訴你一些我比較有信心的喔Source(s): definition is from online, further explanation, myself