Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Diana asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

happen的用法

請問had happened 和 There were something happened yesterday 是對的嗎? 謝謝~

1 Answer

Rating
  • Polly
    Lv 5
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

關於 “happen” 的用法呢,有兩種用法,當 “happen” 的主詞是以「事物」為主的時候,那 “happen” 就會解釋為「發生」的意思,例如:A terrible car accident happened.,這句的意思是「一場可怕的車禍發生了」。但是 “happen” 也有以「人」為主詞放在句首的情況,那此時的 “happen” 就會解釋成「碰巧」的意思,例如:I happen to meet my classmate, Tina, in the library.,這句話解釋成「我碰巧在公園遇到我的同班同學,Tina」。另外,“happen” 也可以用來問對方「怎麼了」,寫法是 “What happened to you?” 跟 “What’s up?”、“What’s wrong with you?”、“What’s the matter with you?” 等意思相同。然而 “There was something happened yesterday.” 這句話,若是就上面的解說來看,應該多加一個關係代名詞 “which” 在happened的前面可能會比較適當,因為這句話本來應該是由兩個句子合併出來的 (There was something. Something happened yesterday. )。

至於 “had happened” 的用法,這應該是用在「過去完成式」的時態句型,就是 “had + Vp.p.” 的用法。而過去完成式的用法常用在與過去事實相反的假設語氣,例如:If that accident hadn’t happened, we would have felt very happy.,解釋成「假如那件意外沒有發生的話,那我們就會感到非常高興」,但是事實上是已經發生了。

Source(s): myself
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.