sam asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

fired (adj)..英英翻譯

fired (adj)..英英翻譯...煩請協助用英文翻譯此單字..感恩....

此字來自於下文..

You’re not our customer, so I might get fired if I gave you a sample. Maybe I can arrange another meeting and invite you. Then you can get a sample!

Rating
    Best Answer

Hi there:"to be fired" means "to lose your job", so in this sentence, it's saying that the person might loose his job if he gives the sample to the other person while he is at work.  Synonyms of "to be fired" include "to be dismissed (from the job)", "to be discharged of the job/duty", "to be laid off (from the job)", and the simplest of all, "to lose one's job".  Theoretically speaking, you can replace "get fired" in this sentence with "be laid off", "be dismissed from my job", "be discharged from my job".  However, it is best to replace it with "lose my job", as this expression is more colloquial than the other three and is therefore used more frequently in a first person statement such as this one.Hope these definitions are of help to you

2006-03-30 14:16:35 補充:

Correction: "person might loose his job" in the first paragraph should be "person might lose his job"

2006-03-30 14:19:29 補充:

Actually, if you replace "get fired" with "get laid off" it sounds quite colloquial too, so it's okay to use "get laid off"

2006-03-30 14:35:35 補充:

By the way, here's the definition from Cambridge Dictionaries Online, "fire" is actually a verb, not an adjective:fire (DISMISS) Show phoneticsverb [T] to remove someone from their job, either because they have done something wrong or badly, or as a way of saving the cost of employing them:

2006-03-30 14:37:24 補充:

These are the example sentences from the same source:

She was fired after she was caught stealing from her employer.

He was fired from his $165 000 job for poor performance.

She has just been fired as editor of the newspaper.

The company is reducing its workforce by firing 500 employees.

2006-03-30 14:38:28 補充:

More examples are given in the opinion column..

I like feihong's interpretation.

fired(adj) to lose a job

開除

Source(s): 我我我
  • Al

您不是我們的顧客/客戶,所以如果我給您(一個)樣品,我可能會被開除/辭掉工作。或許我可以安排另一次聚會/會面同時邀請您,那您就可以拿到樣品了。

如果我給你依個試用品我可能會被『解雇』,因為你不是我們的會員顧客。也許我可以另外安排時間再給你邀請函,邀請你來,這樣你就可以拿到一個試用品了。

Source(s): 自己

You..re 沒有我們的顧客, 因此我也許得到射擊如果我給了您一個樣品。可能我能安排其它會議和邀請您。然後您能得到樣品!

Source(s): 自己

fired

adj : having lost your job

被開除了啊...