?
? asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

徵求英文有關LOVE的文章

正在收集英文有關LOVE的文章,不是有關SEX的,請寄至我的信箱或附上網址。

Rating
  • Sunny
    Favorite Answer

請參考這個網站(裡面太多太多了) : http://www.chickensoup.com/

I Learned the Truth at Thirteen

By Carol Ayer

Big things were happening in my life the summer after I turned thirteen. I had just graduated from junior high, and I’d finally had a chance to dance with John, the boy I’d had a crush on all year. In the fall, I would begin high school. It was all very exciting, but a little scary, too. At least I knew I could always return to the safety of my family if things got rough.

Then, in the middle of summer, my parents shook my entire world and turned it upside down when they told me they were getting a divorce. When my mother said, “We think it’s for the best,” the words rang hollow in my ears. For the best? How could that be? I was shocked. I couldn’t believe that our family was going to break up. Of course, at some level, I always knew my parents weren’t very happy. They were rarely affectionate with one another, and they often fought. But I still didn’t want anything to change. I wanted my family to stay the same - it was all I had ever known.

My life changed quite radically after the divorce. My mother and I moved into a small apartment across town, while my father and brother, Bill, stayed in our house. I now became a visitor whenever I went to see my dad and Bill on the weekends. I was at an age when I might be expected to start dating, but it was my mother who began going out for dinner and to parties with men she’d met at work or through friends. Then she did the unthinkable - she became engaged! I was immediately suspicious of my soon-to-be stepfather, Dan. I resisted all his attempts to get to know me. I was, in fact, pretty rude to him. Things were definitely bleak.

..........

(超過2000字, 以下請自行上網參閱!)

Love and Life Lessons

by Ryan Fyfe

Recent events in my life have taught me that the best thing to do in any situation is just to love people. How can I be a better friend, a better Son, Brother or Sister,etc. So often we go through life and we don't really take the time to just simply love people.

For example I hop on a bus, I've got all this time to take interest in other people, en yet I just sit to myself, and pass the time, just wondering what others are up to. Most likely someone will come on, something about them will set an emotion off inside of me, and I will be quick to judge them. "What is that guy thinking dressing like that".

If you can relate to me in this way, I've realized that love is the answer. Love. What is love?

Love is patient, Love is kind, It does not envy, it does not boast, It is not proud, It is not rude, It is not self-seeking, It is not easily angered, It keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. Love never fails.

Now if quoting Corinthians 13:4-8 Is going to do it for you?What really is love though and what does it look like?

Love is genuine: "Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them" - Romans 12:9. Love is taking a moment to talk to the person sitting next to you on the bus, taking an honest interest in their life? Love is offering your seat to someone who is standing? Love is saying a prayer for the people riding with you, asking God to bless

剩下的部份,請參考該網址