? asked in 藝術與人文歷史 · 1 decade ago

Byzantine Empire and Russia

What is cultural diffusion between Byzantine Empire and Russia?????

1 Answer

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

the Byzantine empire is in the middle of Eurasia continent, so European merchants must pass through the Byzantine empire if they wanted ot trade with Asia empires, such as China, but that was before the Portuguese sailed around the Cape of Good Hope. There isn't much cultural diffusion between Byzantine and Russia becuase Byzantine was taken over by the Ottoman Empire ( if I recall correctly lol ). If you wanted to ask bout the "Kiecan Russia" and the Byzantine then yes there are some diffusion between them. By the time the Muslims took over much of what's the Byzantine's land, they tried to spread their religion and politics into Kievan Russia. And then soon the crusade happened (1095~1204) I'm not sure if the Russians went on the crusade with other Europeans though

they developed crafts, such as glassmaking, that was from the Byzantine.

The religion in Kievan Russia is Latin Christianity and in Byzantine, its Orthodox.

They had trade between the Byzantine and Russia because there are coins buried in Poland.

Vladimir eventually choose the Orthodox Christianity (around the year 988) but the reason is unknown. He opened his land to Orthodox clerics and missionaries.

"Kiev became firmly oriented toward trade with Byzantium and turned its back on the Muslim world" (The Earth and Its Peoples, 3rd edition) that's the AP text book we are using.

****** the diffusion is their religion!!!!!!*****

Source(s): i'm taking AP WORLD HISTORY right now some of the facts are from "The Earth and Its Peoples" (3rd edition) the AP HISTORY text book
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.