Chuan
Chuan asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

如何修改下列英文短篇文章?

請問該如何修改下面幾段英文短篇文章?

可能是語意不詳、文法錯誤,請善心人士幫忙一下!

多謝多謝...

On Saturday, my friend is having a party for Chinese New Year. Chinese New Year is very important for us. Like Christmas Eve, Chinese people have prepared dinner for their family in Chinese New Year’s Eve. Also, People have been celebrating the festival for many years ago. My friend has required everyone to prepare a Chinese food. We will enjoy food and wish each other “Happy New Year”. I’ve told my friends about the party, and all of us have expected it.

UM opens its doors to another part of the world between the United States and the Saudi Arabia. Because UM has been wonderful to see their recruiting efforts work and has a good relationship with the officials at the Saudi embassy in D.C.. About 10000 Saudi students have journeyed to the United States and they have accepted higher education at one of 250 colleges and universities. Saudi students have given full scholarships by the Saudi government. UM has been an orientation for Saudi students and has been working with the Arabic community in Dearborn. Students and faculties in UM have been welcoming Saudi students.

In Taiwan, I was expected to live in the United States. But, it is very different between Taiwan and the United States. I felt very cold when I was arrived here. The temperature that between the day and the night here is more than ten degrees. I’ve been living here for two months. And I’ve got used to the weather in the United States. I believe that I can adapt to all kinds of problems in my daily life in the future.

Rating
  • ?
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

- On Saturday, my friend is having a party for Chinese New Year. THIS HOLIDAY is very important for us. Like Christmas Eve IS FOR WESTERNERS, Chinese people have DINNER PARTIES for their family ON Chinese New Year's Eve. People have been celebrating THIS festival for many years.

- FOR OUR OWN PARTY, my friend has required everyone to prepare ONE Chinese DISH. We will enjoy THE food and FINALLY wish each other "Happy New Year" ("finally" - in comparison with the western new year). I've told my friends about the party, and all of us ARE VERY EXCITED ABOUT it.

- UM (maybe you should state what UM is? University of Michigan? or you mean the United Nations? the UN? what is it??) opens its doors to another part of the world between the United States and the Saudi Arabia. (sentence does not make sense - UM opens more doors for the relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia.) UM is HAPPY to see THAT their recruiting efforts ARE workING and THAT THEY NOW HAVE a good relationship with the officials at the Saudi embassy in D.C.. About 10000 Saudi students have journeyed to the United States, and they have accepted higher education at 250 colleges and universities. Saudi students have BEEN given full scholarships by THEIR government. Um has HELD an orientation for Saudi students and has been working with the Arabic community in Dearborn. Students and faculties in UM have been welcoming Saudi students.

- In Taiwan, I HAD BEEN expected to COME ABROAD TO the United States. IT HAS NOT BEEN A VERY EASY TRANSITION SINCE EVERYTHING is very different between Taiwan and the United States. FOR EXAMPLE, IT WAS very cold when I FIRST arrived here. The temperature between day and night here is DRASTIC, RANGING TO ABOUT ten degrees (celcius? fehrenheit?)IN DIFFERENCES. I've been living here for two months NOW, and I've GOTTEN used to the weather in THIS PART OF THE United States (the US is very big). I believe MY EXPERIENCE HERE CAN TEACH ME TO adapt to all kinds of problems in my daily life in the future.