promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
淑娟 asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

有兩個英文句子看不懂,請幫忙

兩個句子請教

第一,Chewers see betel nut as harmless, aside it from it turning their teeth red. 對於aside from後面出現 it 再加Ving的用法覺得有點怪異。

第二,Farmers can earn four times as much growing these trees as they can growing rice.

中growing前面受否省略了by,而by 可以這樣省嗎?

2 Answers

Rating
  • Adam
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Chewers see betel nut as harmless, aside (你句子的這個it應該是多打的) from it turning their teeth red.若這句話是寫成"...aside from turning their teeth red"的話,我們無法從句子結構中看出是檳榔turning their teeth red,反而會是嚼檳榔的人(chewers),因為aside from + V-ing的動詞,其假設性主詞應該是主要子句的主詞:Aside from playing basketball, he's also good at swimming. (playing的主詞應是後句的he)Aside from Tom chossing to stay home, the other students will go picnicking tomorrow.(如果把Tom去掉,這句話不是會很矛盾嗎?)這種用法在mind上也常出現(加不加那個代名詞是會造成意思上的差別的):Do you mind closing the window? (是要你關)Do you mind me (my) closing window? (關的人是我)2. Farmers can earn four times as much growing these trees as they can growing rice.這句話是分詞片語的結構,完整的句子可以寫成如下:Farmers can earn four times as much if they grow these trees as they can if they grow rice.這是由副詞子句所省略而成的分詞片語,原來的連接詞(if)跟重複的主詞(they=farmers)皆被略去,原句表主動所以原來的動詞grow會以現在分詞growing的型態出現!其它例子如:You will learn more English if you stay in the US longer.==> You will learn more English staying in the US longer.OR: Staying in the US longer, you will learn more English.你若加上介係詞by這個句子也是可以的,只是跟原來句子的解釋就不太相同了!

Source(s): myself
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Chewers see betel nut as harmless, aside from it turning their teeth red.

see 是主要動詞 ,後半句的次要動詞 turn + ing<<>>是為了避免動詞重複

Farmers can earn four times as much growing these trees as they can growing rice.

can earn 是 主要動詞, 後半句的次要動詞 grow + ing <<>>也是為了避免動詞重複

,並非省略了 by

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.