eoddeoke asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

英翻中 要流暢 (20點)

Like many 13-month-olds, Brandon knows a few simple words: mama, dada, and the multipurpose sound ba for ball, baby, and bottle. But how can he tell his mother about the hippopotamus at the zoo, the caterpillar in the park, or the piano at Grandma’s house? Fortunately for Brandon, his mom has helped him find a way to describe these interesting objects — and many more — even though the words are too difficult for him to say. The solution is what we have come to call baby signs.

Similar to the sign language used by the deaf, each baby sign is a simple gesture that stands for a significant object, event, or need in toddler's worlds. Just as children learn to wave“bye-bye"long before they can say it, Brandon has learned to open his mouth wide for“hippopotamus, "wiggle his finger for“caterpillar,"and move his fingers up and down on imaginary keys for“piano. "With these and 20 other signs at his disposal, Brandon is able to be an active partner in conversations with the important people in his life. And they, in turn, can appreciate just how much is going on in his mind.

“I was absolutely astonished when he walked over to a bench in the park the other day and wiggled his finger, his sign for“caterpillar,"recalls Brandon’s mother, Lisa.“there was no caterpillar there, but there had been a very big fuzzy one there a few days before. And when I told him that I remembered the caterpillar, too, I could tell from his expression how thrilled he was to have gotten his message across,"she says.

Rating
    Favorite Answer

Like many 13-month-olds, Brandon knows a few simple words: mama, dada, and the multipurpose sound ba for ball, baby, and bottle. But how can he tell his mother about the hippopotamus at the zoo, the caterpillar in the park, or the piano at Grandma’s house?

就像許多13月大的小寶寶,Brandon知道少許簡單的字: 媽媽,爸爸,和多用途聲音譬如ba可以當成ball球,baby寶寶,和bottle瓶子. 但是他該如何告訴他的媽媽關於動物園裡的河馬,公園裡的毛毛蟲和外婆家的鋼琴?

Fortunately for Brandon, his mom has helped him find a way to describe these interesting objects — and many more — even though the words are too difficult for him to say. The solution is what we have come to call baby signs

Brandon很幸運,他的媽媽幫他發現了一種可以表達形容有趣事物的方法--還有很多--即使有些字對Brandon來說很困難. 這個解決方法我們現在稱為 寶寶的信號

與許多聾人使用的手語相似,每個寶寶的信號是以簡單手勢來表達有意義的事物和事情. 正象是寶寶學會說再見之前都先學會以揮手表示再見,Brandon學會張大他的嘴表示河馬,扭動他的手指表示毛毛蟲, 上下移動他的手指表示想像中的鋼琴. 這些和另外20種可以使用的手勢,Brandon成為一個能與他生活中重要的人積極談天的夥伴. 另一方面,這些重要的人也可以了解他的想法.

"我覺得非常驚訝,有一天當他走到公園的長凳並且扭動他的手指,他是在表示'毛毛蟲' " Brandon的媽媽Lisa回想著 "當時那裡沒有毛毛蟲, 但是前幾天有一隻毛茸茸的毛毛蟲在那. 當我告訴他我也記得那隻毛毛蟲, 我可以告訴你從他的動作你會知道他是多麼的興奮知道你了解他要表達的信息" 她說著.