... asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

英文作文訂正

請各位英文高手幫我訂正這篇短文,感激不盡!!(請在錯誤的地方加上註解)

The Traditional Food Market at My Hometown

Noisy, crowded, disordered and dirty, the traditional food market at my hometown is always like this. There are two streets which are at the town center perpendicular to one another. A variety of venders such as fruits venders or clothes venders takes up two streets and shouts to customers. They use mikes and trumpets to advertise their goods. They always shout like this: come here soon and buy our cheapest goods; the bargain price will be ended in two days. The market streets are narrow originally, but the venders everywhere make the streets look narrower. They occupy the parking spaces and cause a serious traffic jam. There is no traffic light on the street corner. Motorcycles and bicycles on the streets ring their horns to make people give way. People have to duck the signs which are insecure hanging on the venders and dodged the motorcycles which pass through the crowds. The situation is worse when it comes to Chinese New Year. Every one goes shopping and there will pop up many venders like net goldfish venders and Spring Festival Couplets venders. The food market will expend into two times large and the customers will increase into three crawling. The word “dirty” has become the market’s byword. The fish venders make the streets dirtiest, and then the vegetables venders are the second. They always make the dirty water and rottenly outer leaves around their venders. Every time I go to the food market with my mother, I can bare anything but the disgusting scene on the streets. Now I seldom go to the traditional food market, but according to my mother, the situation there makes no improve. However, if the market is no longer noisy, crowded, disordered and dirty, then it may be not called “traditional market.”

Rating
  • jos
    Favorite Answer

The Traditional Food Market in My HometownNoisy, crowded, disorderly and dirty, what the traditional food market in my hometown is always like. The two streets at the town center are perpendicular to the other. A variety of venders such as fruits venders or clothes venders have taken up the two streets and shouts to get customers. They use mikes and trumpets to promote their goods, and they always shout something like this: "come quickly to buy our cheapest goods or the bargains will end in two days." The market streets are narrow originally, but the venders make the streets look even narrower. They occupy the parking spaces and cause a serious traffic jam. There is no traffic light on the street corner. Motorcycles and bicycles on the streets have to honk their horns to make people give way. People have to duck the signs that are not secured on the venders, and also dodging the motorcycles passing through the crowds. The situation is worse when it comes to Chinese New Year. Everyone goes shopping and many new venders such as goldfish venders and Spring Festival Couplets venders will appear out of nowhere. The food market will expand to twice the size and the customer number will triple. The word “dirty” has become the market’s byword. The fish venders are the ones that create most messes for the streets, the vegetables venders come second. They always have a lot of dirty water and rotten outer leaves around their venders. Everytime I go to the food market with my mother, I can barely smell anything but the disgusting smells from the venders. I seldom go to the traditional food market now, but according to my mother, the situation has not improved. However, if the market is no longer noisy, crowded, disorderly and dirty, then it may not  be called “traditional market” anymore.  i prefer to use "stalls" rather than "Venders/vendors... but it's just my suggestion~

小小的修正

第三行 takes up => take up

同理 shouts to customers => shout to customers

第十行 dodged => dodge

倒數第六行

They always make the dirty water and rottenly outer leaves around their venders.

總覺得怪怪的

=>The vendors always make dirty water and rottenly outer around the surroundings.

會比較好一點嗎

Source(s): Me