Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

owing to & due to & because

how to use owing to , due to and because in sentance ?

如何用owing to & due to & because 在句子裡面啊

有錯請指教喔

Update:

owing to , due to + the fact that.......

i don't it' meaning

please

1 Answer

Rating
  • 王大
    Lv 7
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

how to use owing to , due to and because in sentance ?1. owing to: 由於... (另一個 because of 則比較口              語)是當介系詞用, 所以後面要+受詞,   例:              Owing to his careless driving, he had a car    accident.   The basketball game was cancelled owing to    rain.2. due to: 應把 (原因) 歸於...一般認為owing to,             because 較 due to 普遍, 但在美國口            語中較常用 due to, due to 也是介系詞   例:  Due to the heavey rain our picnic was         put off till next Sunday. 3. because: 則是連接詞, 後接子句, 而 because              這個字出現時, 如果它的前面有逗點,             常會由句首開始翻譯下來, 如前無逗點             則往往會由後面的句子開始翻, 且中文             說「因為...所以」, 但英文不可以              because和so連用。例:  I can't go, because I have a test tomorrow.      我沒辦法去, 因為明天有考試           He made it because he tried his best.          因為他盡了力, 所以他成功了                                 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.