Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

quotes

給我一些commentary "or" response 有關下面的quotes

英文(所以英文要好) 最少每一個要20字

1. It is not easy to be a pioneer-- but oh, it is fascinating! I would not trade one moment, even the worst moment, for all the riches in the world.

2. Our school education ignores, in a thousand ways, the rules of healthy development.

3. For what is done or learned by one class of women becomes, by virtue of their common womanhood, the property of all women.

4. I must have something to engross my thoughts, some objucts in life which will fill this vacuum, and prevent this sad wearing away of the heart.

5. A blank wall of social and professional antagonism faces the woman physicans that forms a situation of singular and painful loneliness, leaving her without support, respect or professional counsel.

感激不盡... <(_ _)>

(總共會給15點, 5點是訂金... @@ 事成後, 再給10點)

我忘記說了... 這是Elizabeth Blackwell的quote

她是第一個美國第一個女醫生,所以...

=紐約人=雖然你寫的還不錯...不過不是我想要的耶... 因為都跟她沒關...

真是抱歉...我沒先說好

Rating
  • ?
    Favorite Answer

1. "It is not easy to be a pioneer-- but oh, it is fascinating! I would not trade one moment, even the worst moment, for all the riches in the world."

Indeed it is not easy to be a pioneer, as it requires a great deal of determination, fearlessness, and courage for adventure. The sense of accomplishment and experience is much greater than any material fulfillments.

2. "Our school education ignores, in a thousand ways, the rules of healthy development."

The education system today focuses very much on a student's academic achievements over all else. Students are often pushed by parents and teachers to study hard, but often neglected are their spiritual and emotional growth, as well as their non-academic developments such as artistic creativity and athletic skills.

3. "For what is done or learned by one class of women becomes, by virtue of their common womanhood, the property of all women."

I believe this statement could not be applied exclusively to womanhood, but it might be most evident here because of women's tendency to share their problems and findings with their female friends more so then men.

4. "I must have something to engross my thoughts, some objucts in life which will fill this vacuum, and prevent this sad wearing away of the heart."

In this fast-paced world of moneymaking and convenience, people are becoming less emotionally attached to objects, friends, families, sometimes even themselves. Long enough in this lifestyle, one might find himself lonely and empty because they had neglected so much in life.

5. "A blank wall of social and professional antagonism faces the woman physicans that forms a situation of singular and painful loneliness, leaving her without support, respect or professional counsel."

I don't understand the statement made here. Why are woman physicians the only one facing these problems? Is this a case of sexism in medical practice?

2005-11-21 09:19:36 補充:

我不是為了分數才幫人的。 dont worry about it.

可能再複製一次問題,給10點囉

行不通嘛...?

2005-11-20 10:00:25 補充:

紐約人...是我疏忽的關係

如果你願意的話就重寫一次,15點

如果你不願意的話,我就5點給你

我再去問一次就好

可以嘛...

2005-11-22 06:34:15 補充:

你真是好人~ &quot;

我很好奇你要怎麼補給那十點阿???@@