Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

This is及It is的分別

可告訴我"This is"及"It is"在用法上的分別嗎?

可告訴我"This is"及"It is"在用法上的分別嗎?

In fact, I don't have any examples but you makes me remember that... if you talk to a folk and he bearly can remember you, then he might ask you "who are you?", usually I'll say, "It's me, it's Vivian..." instead of "this is Vivian..."

Rating
    Favorite Answer

I somehow disagree with the previous posting...here's why.

If someone call (telephone) for you, but your friend answered it first. You might ask "who is it?" or "who is that?" Your friend most likely answer you: "It's Mr. Bush".

The differences between "This is" and "It is" vary depending on the context. In some occasions, you can use either one of them, but in some cases, you can't. I do want to add that "it" is a pronoun, usaually refer to something that has been previously identified. "This", however, cannot perform the same function.

Share with us some of your examples, and we can tell you whether it's appropriate to use "This" or "It".

最大的分別主要在於用的事物上吧

It is >>>不能用在人身上

This is >>>可以用在人身上

eg. 你在介紹人的時候不能說 "It is Mr. Bush."

只能說 "This is Mr. Bush."

Source(s): 自己