Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

英文小短篇 - 請幫我看有沒有寫錯~ *20點*

這是要交的作業~~~~

我的英文文法很差...... =口=|||

希望英文很好的人可以幫我訂正看看哪裡有錯~

或者告訴我怎摸寫可以更好~~~~

非常感謝!!! 20點~~~ ^0^

Raining Cats And Dogs

"Raining cats and dogs" is a very interesting weather expression. It means a heavy rain. The rain pours from sky and always makes people dripping wet their bodies, even you use an umbrella. The weather expression originated from London. In the past, when a lot of rainwater was beating against the roof, it sounds like cats and dogs run and jump. So people called such rains are "raining cats and dogs". Although I hate rainy days, I like funny name of "raining cats and dogs".

Rating
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Raining Cats And Dogs

"Raining cats and dogs" is a very interesting(and popluar) weather expression (in America). It means a heavy rain(建議改成 It used to be described a heavy rain). The rain pours from sky and always makes people dripping wet their bodies, even you use an umbrella(這一句說實在是多餘的...刪掉其實文義比較順,不像在硬坳). The weather expression originated from London. In the past, when a lot of rainwater was(a lot of rainwater was 改成 huge raindrops were) beating against the roof, it sounds(如果你前面是in the past的話,可不要忘了這裡也要用過去式喔!! ^_^) like cats and dogs run and jump(過去進行式!! were running and jumping). So(用so開句比較不強烈...用"Therefore,"比較好(不要忘ㄌtherefore後面的逗號喔!!)) people called such rains are(用as) "raining cats and dogs". Although I hate rainy days, I like funny name of "raining cats and dogs".(我會寫 Eventhough I don't like rainy days, but I still like the term, " raining cats and dogs."(p.s.term 後面加逗號是因為"raining cats and dogs"是 "term"的同位語..) )

你的寫作算是不錯了啦...^_^...就是一些動詞的時態要注意一下...可能的話多加一些conjunctions會比較生動喔!!!^_^....至於要如何加強英文嘛...我個人是覺得聽空英滿有效的(以前在台灣都不聽,出來後才知道空英的可貴...>_<...)還有一個很好的練習方法,就是看英文電影的時候不用中文字慕(甚至不用字幕),真的超級有效的!!!...加油~~~這樣夠詳細了吧??可以吃20分的糖糖嗎??

Source(s): 在美國的我....-_-lll
  • 2 decades ago

我覺得Adam翻的比較好

比較像文章

Killer Pudding 是比較口語

但不正式

2 decades ago

"Raining cats and dogs" is a very interesting expression about weather.  It means heavy rain (沒有a).  Pouring rain (from the sky 是多餘的) always makes people soaking wet, even if they are carrying an umbrella.  The expression (不需要weather, 因為上文已經交代的很清楚) originated from London.  In the past, when raindrops were falling on the roof, the sounds they made were like cats and dogs running and jumping.  So people given a name to such a weather condition, that is, "raining cats and dogs."  Although I hate rainy days, I do like the interesting story behind the funny name "raining cats and dogs."

Source(s): myself