Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

[文法檢查]小篇文章

幫忙檢查一下文法好嗎..謝謝!!

Dear Editor: “Suppose you were a terrorist who wanted to kill as many airline passengers as possible. Which of these plans sounds more feasible? 1. Smuggle a pocketknife. 2. A bag of bombs” wrote by John Tierney. What will you answer if you are a terrorist?

The answer has been changed after Sept. 11, 2001; however, they will still check your luggage by no matter what reason you have. Should they check our baggage by open up, if you put a scissor inside? No, because a scissor can’t make any difference on the plane. I think the TSA should spend the money for the drug or the bomb product. On the other hand, I remember a scene in the movie I saw last year on the HBO, the terrorists used the iron knifes and razor blades to hijack an airplane, which provided from the airplane company. Furthermore, if the movie screen moves to the real world, what will happen? Also, the terrorists aren’t absurd than us, the idea you do think about, and they did think about too. Even you are a terrorist, are you going have a small pocketknife to skyjack the plane? I think everyone will say” No”, so it shows up the pocketknife or other small knifes can’t even make any difference. Although all the questions and evidence I think if we can spend the money base on the drug, and bomb product that will help the society being safer, because you can’t predict want kind of trick, and weapon the terrorists will use, so we should focus on the other danger stuff.

Rating
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear Editor: “Suppose you were a terrorist who wanted to kill as many airline passengers as possible. Which of these plans sounds more feasible? 1. Smuggle a pocketknife. 2. A bag of bombs” written by John Tierney. What will you answer be if you are a terrorist? (or What is your answer if you are a terrorist)The answer has been changed since Sept. 11, 2001; however, they will still check your luggage ( ) no matter what reason you have. Should they open up our baggage to check if we put a scissor inside? No, because a scissor can’t make any difference in the plane. I think the TSA should spend the money for ( ) drug or ( ) bomb detecting devices. On the other hand, I remember a scene in the movie I saw last year on the HBO, the terrorists used the iron knifes and razor blades (provided by the airline) to hijack an airplane. Furthermore, if the movie screen becomes the real world, what will happen then? In addition,  the terrorists aren’t (more) absurd than us.  The idea you have, and they have it also.  Even if you are a terrorist, are you going to have a small pocketknife to hijack a plane? I think everyone will say” No"; therefore, wheter a small pocketknife or other small knifes do not even make any difference. Although with all the evidences to support the answers to my questions,  I still think if we should spend the money ( ) on drug and bomb detecting devices which will help the society being a safer place to live, because you can’t predict want kind of trick, or weapon the terrorists will use, so we should focus on the other dangerous  stuff. 1. written by John Tierney (這文章是"被"John Tierney寫的)2. will you answer be (這裡要個動詞)3. has been changed since (從2001年到現在)4. in the plane (在飛機裡面, 不是在飛機上面)5. ( ) drug or ( ) bomb (去掉冠詞)6. (provided by the airline) (我想你是指刀子和刀片是航空公司給的, 因此必須放在這裡)7. In addition, (句子開始不能用Also)8. Even if (假設語氣)9. going to (going 後加介詞 to)10. a plane (任何飛機不是特別指定那個飛機)11.should spend the money (我想你是說"應該"把錢花在....)12.trick, or weapon (陷井或武器中任何一個都可以, 而不是兩個都一起要)13.other dangerous stuff (這裡要用形容詞)

2005-09-09 23:27:49 補充:

Sorry,

1.) I typed "weter", it should be "whether"!

2.) I still think if we should... is wrong! "I still think we should" is the right way.

I did this too fast made some mistakes! Sorry. My corrections here again!