Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

雞蛋裡挑骨頭

請問雞蛋裡挑骨頭是 picky or fussy 的意思嗎? 或是其他的意思???

麻煩用英文解釋thx.....

3 Answers

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Picky is accurate, although a better expression is "nit-picky." Finicky is also a good adjective.Nits are the eggs of parasites that live in the hair.  They are extremely small and very difficult to find and kill. In the U.S., it is very common for elementary school children to have examinations where a nurse looks through their hair very carefully with a special "nit comb."  This procedure is called "nit pick." So, for someone extremely choosy or picky about something, the phrase "nit-picky" is used. Fussy is okay, but usually it is used to describe babies who are very difficult to please despite a mother's efforts.

2005-09-04 23:18:19 補充:

you can use "anal", but don't you think that is so negtive, kind of offensive?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

undercover, can i use "anal" to describe someone who seems to 雞蛋裡挑骨頭?

2005-09-05 02:49:47 補充:

it doesn't bother me coz i am the one who's anal..... that's what some of my friends call me........^^

• 1 decade ago

雞蛋裡挑骨頭ji dan li tiao gu touㄐㄧ ㄉㄢˋ ㄌㄧˇ ㄊㄧㄠ ㄍㄨˊ ㄊㄡˊ1.to look for a bone in an egg; to look for a flaw where there is none; to find fault on purpose; to nitpick; to carp; to be captious

Source(s): 奇摩字典
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.