Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

請幫我翻成中文

A Father's Pray

Build me a son , O Lord , who will be strong enough to know when he is weak , and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid ; one who will be proud and unbending in honest defeat , and humble and gentle in victory.

Build me a son whose wishes will not take the place of deeds ; a son who will know Thee-----and that to know himself is the foundation stone of knowledge.

Lead him , I pray , not in the path of ease and comfort , but under the stress and spur of difficulties and challenge.

Here let him learn to stand up in the storm ; here let him learn compssion for those who fail.

Build me a son whose heart will be clear , whose goal will be high ; a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men ; one who will reach into the future , yet never forget the past.

And after all these things are his add , I pray , enough of a sense of humor , so that he may always be serious , yet never take himself too seriously.

Give him humble condition or state of mind , so that he may always remember the simplicity of true greatness , the open mind of true wisdom , and the mildness of true strength.

Then I , his father , will dare to wisper , "I have not lived in vain."

--------From "The Young Soldier"

Rating
    Favorite Answer

這句話是《麥克阿瑟為子祈禱文》的原文

---------------------------

翻譯如下:

主啊!懇求你教導我的兒子,

使他在軟弱時,能夠堅強不屈;

在懼怕時能夠勇敢自持,

在誠實的失敗中,毫不氣餒;

在光明的勝利中,仍能保持謙遜溫和。

懇求你陶冶我的兒子,

使他不要以願望代替實際作為

引領他認識你,同時讓他知道,

認識自己乃是真知識的基石。

主啊!我祈求你,

不要使他走上安逸、舒適之途,

求你將他置於困難、艱難和挑戰的磨練中,

求你引領他,使他學習在風暴中挺身站立,

並學會憐恤那些在重壓之下失敗跌倒的人。

主啊!求你塑造我的兒子,

求你讓他有一顆純潔的心,

並有遠大的目標;

使他在能指揮別人之前,

先懂得駕馭自己;

當邁入未來之際,永不忘記過去的教訓。

主啊!在他有了這些美德之後,

我還要祈求你賜給他充分的幽默感,

以免他過於嚴肅,還苛求自己。

求你賜給他謙卑的心,

使他永遠記得,

真正的偉大是單純,

真正的智慧是坦率,

真正的力量是溫和。

然後作為父親的我,

才敢輕輕說:

「我這一生總算沒有白白活著」,

阿們!

國中就教過了= =還問....