Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化其他:社會與文化 · 2 decades ago

美國人的英式CNN!

甭提英國BBC、澳洲ABC, 這些大英國協的成員,

相信有在收看CNN的應該都有感覺

極多數CNN的記者、主播們都頃向英式腔調! (非英國籍!)

我認為可能跟美國人近來嚮往"英式"這個東西有關!

有沒有人有不同於這種看法的想法?

Message SuperJim

No no no, you had that wrong, this thought on the matter is based on my long-term observation, and I'm 100 percent sure it isn't to do with the attack thing!

Maybe I don't quite notice the nationalities of those journalists, and, well, I figure the CNN is probably now filling with a load of English anchors and correspondents.

And I'd lived in Manchester for the past 5 years, I must say I don't think I need anybody to tell me what British accent sounds like!

Anyway, it's good enough that your puny brain still works in some way, appreciate! By the way, to be absolutely honest, I don't actually have any interest in what Americans are pround to be!

MRCSAb.

Rating
  • Jim
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Message: right back at ya:And I'd lived in Manchester for the past 5 years, I must say I don't think I need anybody to tell me what British accent sounds like!For this I apologize, I didn't mean any offense when I said, "two, you have a misconception of what 英式腔調 sounds like."  I simply offered as a possibility.  I didn't mean any harm, please understand.Secondly, I think you've already answered your own question with this, "Maybe I don't quite notice the nationalities of those journalists, and, well, I figure the CNN is probably now filling with a load of English anchors and correspondents."  In which, I must say this is what I believe to be true as well.  No one in world would pretend to have English accent just to make themselves better.  If people see that someone is faking it, he/she would have no footing in the broadcast industry.  Thus, I'm pretty sure these English accent reporters and anchors are probably real English.Lastly, I've lived in the U.S. for the past 12 years, and the one thing that I've learned is that it's dangerous to live an ignorant life.  Please don't take offense in this for I'm not calling anybody names.  But rather that it's simply my opinion, our lives are enriched when we open ourselves to learn everything that we do not fully understand.And yes, my puny brain is still working, thus far.................------------------------------------------------------------------------美國人近來嚮往"英式"Where did you hear this from?  I haven't heard anything remotely like this.  Americans are proud to be who they are.  They have never felt the need to pretend English to make themselves look better.  I'm not sure where you get this idea from, but personally I think it's unfounded.極多數CNN的記者、主播們都頃向英式腔調! (非英國籍!) As to this, I think there might be 2 reasons.  One, the reporters or anchors are actually from UK or two, you have a misconception of what 英式腔調 sounds like.Lastly, you also have to take into account the recent attacks in London.  You are hearing more of 英式腔調 simply because there're more news from London.

Source(s): my puny brain