Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 1 decade ago

急件!To Kill A Mockingbird的essay

急需 "To kill a Mockingbird" 的 ESSAY. 有2個題目可選. 只需選一個就好. 字大約500~600左右就OK了.

1. In popular culture it is common to see characters as good and evil, right and wrong.

How do the representations of characters of To Kill a Mockingbird move beyond this simplistic construction?

2. In most dramatic texts there is a hero figure who must transcend circumstances in order to reveal an insight or solve problem. Who are the hero figures in TKAM and how are they constructed as heroic by the authors of these texts?

希望今天就能得到回覆. 我會馬上給點. 若覺得點數給的不夠 麻煩請你跟我講.

謝謝! 由衷感謝!

Update:

第三個選擇:

3. Writers often choose the titles of their works in order to highlight or summarise a particular idea in the literature. How do the characters of To Kill a Mockingbird represent the ideas implied in the titles?

Update 2:

接上面補充

...in the title? Make reference to at least two characters from each text. 這個選擇是 "symbolism".

我很急 請能幫忙的幫一下 真的很感激您!

Update 3:

2 Answers

Rating
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

這是關於TOPIC 3: SYMBOLISM. 希望對你有幫助. 不包含INTRO跟CONCLUSION.麻煩請自己寫一下. 還有就是字數可能不夠. 請再增加.

Harper Lee uses the mockingbird to symbolise Tom and Boo. When Atticus tells Jem and Scout that it is a sin to kill the mockingbird, this refers to the actions directed toward Tom and Boo. It was a sin to dislike Tom and Boo based on what others say about them. They were punished by the people in Maycomb because they did not have their own voice. There are many people without their own voice in our society. As it is a sin to kill a mockingbird, it is a sin to kill those without a voice. Scout realized that it was wrong to assume evil things about Boo Radley. It was unfortunate that the people of Maycomb did not realise their unfair treatment of Tom Robinson. A mockingbird was shot and that truly was a sin.

Like Boo Radley, Tom Robinson is characterised by what the people of Maycomb County say about him. After being accused of rape, most of the people see him as an evil beast. During the trial while Bob Ewell testifies, he points to Tom Robinson and says, "I seen that black negro yonder ruttin' on my Mayella." (p.73).Throughout the trial, Tom is portrayed in this manner because of the racist mentality of the people in Maycomb. Even though there is a sufficient amount of proof which shows he did not commit the crime, Tom is a black man who will be denied justice.

Source(s): MYSELF
  • 1 decade ago

The first one i think will be easier.For example, Scout represents good in the book cuz she's a innocent kid, Scout eventually develops a more grown-up perspective that enables her to appreciate human goodness without ignoring human evil. Tom Robbinson is an example of a innocent destroy be evil. And Boo shows the good side in the novel too... something like that. I read this book a while ago, so don't remember the deatails, sorry, but i know the biggest conflict in the book is about blacks and white. u can go to www.sparknotes.com, they have really good study guides on symbols, themes, motifs and more than u need. I bet u can write a good essay by that help. And that's all i can help, sorry! GOOD LUCK.. HAVE FUN

Source(s): www.sparknotes.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.