Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 藝術與人文詩詞與文學 · 2 decades ago

十八世紀法國哲學家伏爾泰

據說曾經說過 「我不贊成你的意見 但誓死捍衛你發言的權力」 或類似的話 請問出於他的哪本著作 或著他在何處說的

Rating
  • 2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

這句話好像找不到來源ㄝ...據說是伏爾泰說的...但在他作品裡好像是找不到的

看一下下面的東西吧

The phrase "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is widely attributed to Voltaire, but cannot be found in his writings. With good reason. The phrase was invented by a later author as an epitome of his attitude. It appeared in The Friends of Voltaire (1906), written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall under the pseudonym S[tephen] G. Tallentyre.

...

Hall wrote:

...The men who had hated [the book], and had not particularly loved Helvétius, flocked round him now. Voltaire forgave him all injuries, intentional or unintentional. 'What a fuss about an omelette!' he had exclaimed when he heard of the burning. How abominably unjust to persecute a man for such an airy trifle as that! 'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it,' was his attitude now.

...

Hall herself claimed later that she had been paraphrasing Voltaire's words in his Essay on Tolerance: "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too."

I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to mis-attribute this quote to Voltaire.

-- Avram Grumer, rec.arts.sf.written, May 2000

Source(s): 網路
  • 2 decades ago

據考證,這句話不是出自伏爾泰之口,而是同時代作家塔蘭泰爾(S. G. Tallentyre)解釋伏爾泰對某焚書事件的看法,而在多年來以訛傳訛的渲染下,後代文人反倒將它當成伏爾泰的經典名言之一。

• 2 decades ago

他脫口而出的 並不是哪本書 ok?

2 decades ago

這樣並不算是回答吧 我問的是哪本書

• 不酷
    2 decades ago

伏爾泰的名言~

*「雖然我不同意你的觀點,但我要以生命捍衛你說話的權利。」*

(I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.)

「人世間所有的榮華富貴不如一個好朋友。 」

(All the splendor 1 in the world is not worth a good friend )

「那自以為聰明的人,哦,天哪!是個大笨蛋。」

(He who thinks himself wise, O, Heaven! Is a great fool.)

「工作攆跑三個魔鬼:無聊、墮落和貧窮。」

(Work banishes those three great evils : boredom , vice, and poverty.)

「持久的爭論問味着雙方都是錯的。」

(A long dispute means that both parties are wrong.)

「所有詞典都由詞典編成。」

(All dictionaries are made from dictionaries.)

「 當政府是錯的而你是對的時 ,你正處於危險的情境。」

(when the government's wrong and you are right, you're in danger situation.)

「人為了隱藏自己的思想,因此才說話」

「好運總會降臨在天性開朗的人身上! 」

「上帝經常站在最大兵力的邊。 」

伏爾泰作品集 :

贛第德

伏爾泰哲理美文集

風俗論 / 論各民族的精神與風俗以及自查理曼至路易十三的歷史

哲學辭典

路易十四時代

理性主義的先驅

哲學通信

Source(s): 知識+