Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

有關蔣宋美齡的生平及演說

我想請問誰知道哪裡有蔣宋美齡的生平資料嗎?我需要英文的,

還有誰知道Madame Chaing Kai-Shek's Address to Senate.他的演說,這一篇是在講什麼,或是哪裡可以找的到翻譯,謝謝了!^^

Rating
  • sweet
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

Madame Chaing Kai-Shek's Address to Senate

在這個網站有他的演說內容

http://www.lib.umich.edu/govdocs/text/mchiang.htm

http://www.4english.cn/speeches/Chiang%20Kai-Shek....

Mr. Presdent, members of the Senate of the United States, ladies and gentlemen, I am overwhelmed by the warmth and spontaneity of the welcome of the American people, of whom you are the representatives. I did not know that I was to speak to you today at the Senate except to say, "How do you? I am so very gald to see you," and to bring the greetings of my people to the people of America. However, just before coming here, the Vice President told me that he would like to have me say a few words to you.

I am not a very good extemporaneous speaker; in fact I am no speaker at all; but I am not so very much discouraged, because a few days ago I was at Hyde Park, and went to the President's library. Something I saw there encouraged me , and made me feel that perhaps you will not expect overmuch of me in speaking to you extemporaneously. What do you think I saw there? I saw many things, but the one thing which interested me most of all was that in a glass case there was the first draft of one of the President's speeches, a second draft, and on and on up to the sixth draft. Yesterday I happened to mention this to the President, and told him that I am extremely glas that he he had to write so many drafts when he is such a well-known and acknowledgely fine speaker. His reply to me was that sometimes he writes 12 drafts of a speech. So my remarks here today, being extemporaneous, I am sure you will make allowances for me.

The traditional friendship between your country and mine has a history of 160 years. I feel -- and I believe that I am not the only one who feels this way -- that there are a great many similarities between your people and mine, and that these similaries are the basis of our friendship.

I should like to tell you a little story which will illustrate this belief.When General Doolittle and his men went ot boom Tokyo, on their return some of your boys had to bail out in the interior of China. One of them later told me that he had to bail out out of his ship, and that when he landed on Chinese soil and saw the populace running towards him, he just waved his arm and shouted the only Chinese word he knew, "Mei-kuo, Mei-kuo," which means "America."(Applause.)Literally translated from the Chinese it means "Beautiful countries." This boy said our people laughed and almost hugged him, and greeted him like a long long lost brother. He further told me that he had come home when he saw our people; and that was the first time he had ever been to China. (Applause.)

I came to your country as a little girl. I know your people. I have lived with them. I spent the formative years of my life amongst your people. I speak your language, not only the language, not only the language of your hearts, but also your tongue. So coming here today I feel that I am also coming home. (Applause.)

I believe, however, that it is not only I who am coming home; I feel that if the Chinese people could speak to you in your own tongue, or if you could understand our tongue, they would tell you that basically and fundamentally we are fighting for the same cause (great applause); that we have identity of ideals; that the "four freedoms," which your President proclaimed to thw world, resound throughout our vast land as the gong of freedom, the gong of freedom of the United Nations, and the death knell of the aggressions. (Applause.)

I assure you that our people are willing and eager to cooperate with you in the realization of these ideals, because we want to see it that they do not echo as empty phrases, but became relities for ourselves, for our children, for our children's children, and for all mankind.(Applause.)

How are we going to realize these ideals? I think I shall tell you a little story which just came to my mind. as you know, China is a very old nation. we have a history of 5,000 years. When we were obliged to evacuate Hankow and go into the hinterland to carry on and continue our resistance against aggression, the Generalissimo and I passed one of our fronts, the Changsha front. One day we went into the Heng-yang Mountains, where there are traces of a pavillion called "Rub-the-mirror" pavillion, which was built over 2,000 years ago. It will perhaps interest you to hear the story of that pavillion.

Two thousand years ago near that spot was an old Buddhist temple. One of the young monks went there, and all day along he sat cross-legged, with his hands clasped before him in an attitude of prayer, and murmured "Amita-Buddha! Amita-Buddha! Amita-Buddha!" He murmured and chanted day after day, because he hoped that he would acquire grace.

The Father Prior of that temple took a piece of brick and rubbed it against a stone hour after hour, day after day, week after week. The little acolyte, being very young, sometimes cast his eyes around to see what the old father Prior was doing. The old Father Prior just kept on his work of rubbing the brick against the stone. So one day the young acolyte said to him, "Father Prior, what are you doing day after day rubbing this brick on the stone?" The Father Prior replied, "I am trying to make a mirror out of the brick." The young acolyte said, "But it is impossible to make a mirror out of a brick, Father Prior." "Yes," said the Father Prior, "and it is just as impossible for you to acquire grace by doing nothing except murmur 'Amita-Buddha' all day long, day in and day out." (Applause.)

So, my friends, I feel that it is necessay for us not only to have ideals and to proclaim that we have them, it is necessay that we act to implement them. (Applause.) And so to you, gentlemen of the Senate, and to you ladies and gentlemen in the galleries, I say that without the active help of all of us our leaders cannot implement these ideals. It is up to you and to me to take to heart the lesson of "Rub-the-mirror" pavillion.

I thank you. (Great applause, Senators and their guests rising.)

Following her address, Mme. Chiang Kai-shek and the distinguished visitors accompanying her and the other guests of the Senate were encorted from the Chamber.

At 12 o'clock and 30 minutes p.m., the Senate reassembled, when it was called to order by the Vice President.

蔣宋美齡當年在美國四處奔走,號召美國協助中國抗

日,美援才得以源源不斷進入中國,這也是她贏得「永遠的第一夫人」之

主因,不宜妄加臧否。

實際上,蔣夫人是應邀在美國參眾兩院聯席會議發表正式演說,為我抗日戰爭慷

慨陳詞,文辭優美,震撼人心,時隔六十年,至今尤為美人津津樂道。

總統先生, 美國的參議院的成員,女士們先生們, 我由美國民眾的歡迎的溫暖和自發性壓倒,其中你是那些代表。 我不知道除了說,我將在參議院今天對你講話,"你怎樣? 我是如此高興看見你的,"並且把我的人的問候帶到美國人那裡。 但是, 在來這裡前一會兒,副總統告訴我他想讓我對你說一些話。

我不是一名非常好的脫口而出的發言者; 實際上我確實不是發言者; 但是我如此不被非常阻止,因為幾天以前我在海德公園,並且去總統的圖書館。 我的我看見在那裡鼓勵我,並且使我感到或許,你不將期望太多的東西在脫口而出對你講。 你認為我在那裡看見什麼? 我看很多事情, 尤其是但是使我感興趣的一件事情是在玻璃箱裡有總統的講話之一的第一個草稿, 第2份草稿,和在第6 份草稿上和起直到第6 份草稿。 昨天我碰巧對總統提及這, 告訴他我他他必須寫那么多草稿以致于他這樣的一位著名和acknowledgely 好發言者什麼時候的glas強烈。 對我的他的答覆是有時他寫一次講話的12份草稿。 因此今天的這裡的我的評論,脫口而出,我確信你將體諒我。

在你的國家和我的之間的道統的友誼有160 年的歷史。 我感到 -- 並且我相信我不是感到以這種方法的唯一的人 -- 那在你的人和我的之間有許多相象,並且這些類似是我們的友誼的基礎。

我想要告訴你哪個將說明這相信當杜利特爾將軍的一點故事,他的人走去 繁榮東京, 在他們的返回時你的一些男孩必須在中國的內部裡幫助擺脫困境。 他們中的一個過后告訴我他必須在他的船之外幫助擺脫困境, 他在中國土壤上著陸並且看見民眾跑向他什麼時候, 他剛剛揮動他的臂並且大叫他認識的唯一的漢語單詞,"梅kuo,梅kuo",這的意思是"美國。 "(掌聲.) 簡直從它的意思是"美麗的國家的中國人翻譯。 "這個男孩說我們的人笑並且幾乎緊抱他,並且象一個長的長期失散的兄弟一樣迎接他。 他更進一步告訴我他已經回家,什麼時候他看見我們的人; 並且那是他到過中國的第一次。 (掌聲.)

我來你的國家作為一個小女孩。 我認識你的人。 我已經與他們同住。 我在你的人中度過我的生活的成長時期。 我講你的語言,不僅語言,不僅你的心的語言,而且你的舌頭。 因此今天來這裡我感到我也將回家。 (掌聲.)

我相信,不過,不僅是我將回家; 我感到如果中國民眾能在你自己的舌頭裡對你講, 或者如果你能理解我們的舌頭,他們將告訴你基本上而基本上我們正為相同的原因(大的掌聲)而鬥爭; 我們有理想的身分; 那個"4 自由", 你的總統對世界宣佈的, 作為自由的鑼,聯合國的自由的鑼,以及侵略的喪鐘在整個我們的巨大的土地共鳴。 (掌聲.)

我向你保證我們的人願意並且渴望在實現這些理想方面與你合作, 因為我們想要看他們不作為空的短語回響, 但是獨自成為relities,為我們的孩子,為我們的孩子的孩子,和為全部人類。 (掌聲.)

我們將怎樣實現這些理想? 我認為我將告訴你哪個剛剛在我看來來的一點故事。 正如你所知,中國是一個非常老的國家。 我們有5,000 年的歷史。 當我們不得不撤離漢口並且去內地對侵略繼續並且繼續我們的抵抗時, 大元帥和我超過我們的領域之一,長沙領域。 有一天, 我們去Heng-yang 山,在那裡有花園的蹤跡叫"擦鏡子"為pavillion,這2,000多年前被建造。 聽到那pavillion的故事或許將使你感興趣。

2,000 年以前在那個點附近是舊的寺廟。 年輕的僧侶之一去那裡, 並且整天沿著他在一個禱告的態度方面盤著腿坐,他的手扣住在他面前,並且低聲說"Amita 佛﹗ Amita 佛﹗ Amita 佛﹗ "他低聲說並且日復一日唱,因為他希望他將獲得恩惠。

那座廟的父親普賴爾帶一塊磚並且一小時又一小時對一塊石頭擦它,日復一日,一周接一周。 小衛星,非常年輕,有時在周遭投他的眼睛看見普賴爾正做多么老的神父。 剛剛保存在他的對石頭擦磚的工作上的老的神父普賴爾。 如此有一天年輕的衛星對他說, "神父普賴爾,你是什麼做日復一日在石頭上擦這塊磚"嗎? 父親普賴爾回答,"我試圖用磚做一面鏡子。 "年輕的衛星說",但是用一塊磚,神父普賴爾做一面鏡子是不可能的。 ""是, "父親普賴爾說", 並且除整日的喃喃聲' Amita 佛'之外,你透過什麼也沒做獲得恩惠是一樣不可能的, 日復一日。 "(掌聲.)

因此,我的朋友,我感到不僅有理想並且宣佈我們有他們是給我們的必須, 我們行動實現它們,這是需要。 (掌聲.) 以及你, 參議院的各位先生, 在你女子和各位先生在畫廊內,我說沒有我們領導人不能實現這些理想的我們的積極幫助。 牢記"擦鏡子"花園的課由你決定和對我。

我感謝你。 (偉大的掌聲,參議員和他們的客人站起來.)

繼她的位址,Mme之后。 蔣Kai-shek和陪她和參議院的其它客人的貴賓是來自寢室的要求。

在12點和下午30 分鐘,當副總統召集了它時,參議院重新聚集。

我是用電子翻譯..所以你還要對照一下英文

Source(s): 網路