Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in 教育與參考出國留學 · 2 decades ago

交換學生經驗談

希望有參加過交換學生的人

能告訴我一些該注意的事

或者一些你參加時候發生的一些事喔

我今年八月要去美國

在這之前想先了解一下

1 Answer

Rating
  • 2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

我之前有回答過交換學生的問題

你可以看一下回答紀錄

該注意ㄉ事 應該是

1. 恩...你要有心理準備會想家 畢竟你以前可能沒有離開家那麼久過 我一開始會躲在棉被裡流眼淚 但是後來 我決定跟住宿家庭的人說 他們也很好 就近量帶我出去 distract ur mind. 後來也就好了

2. 有任何不滿的話 是和你的host family 討論 there is no need to go to school and tell ur friends and saying something bad about ur hostfamily. because when others doesnt understand the situation, they got the wrong image. maybe u hurt ur host family unintentionlly (my personal experience)

3. dont be afraid to speak english. no matter ur level!!!! ur here to learn, and ur host family is also ready to host you!!! both of you maybe expected some challenginngs already. and had pictures in mind of the "moment when u meet" , just open ur mind and show the TRUE u. no need to be shy!!

4. if u have some problems regarding to english, ie, dont understand whats going on in the class??? dont panic!! u can either ask ur teacher after class for additional toturing or ask your friends! what i did before, i dont understand what the teacher talking about , i only know she was assigning homework!!! coz i understand the word homework... after the class, i ask people next to me----->get chance to practice english, people know u are not english mother tongue, they usually nice to you and willing to giving help. second, u get chance to MEET NEW FRIENDS!!! this is the most important thing about "foreign exchange student" is to learn about a different culture and learn to adapt the different way of life.

you can join clubs as well, like basketball? go for it. or cheerleaders? why not? go for the tryouts, maybe u will get the opportunity!

good luck!

Source(s): i am foreign exchange student few years ago, experienced some prob in the past, so just sharing with you!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.