l. Without food we would ______ to death.
(A)shrink (B) starve (C) emphasize (D) consider
2. ______ basketball and baseball games are very popular in Taiwan.
(A)Professional (B) Profitable (C) Executive (D) Effective
3. He has decided to take teaching as his life ______.
(A)carpet (B) cash (C) career (D) caution
4. You can write “Yours _____,” at the end of your letter and sign your name on it.
(A) friendly (B) really (C) probably (D) sincerely
5. Not all of the students live on campus. Those who live nearby the university can _____ by bus.
(A)compensate (B) commute (C) complain (D) complete
6. The nurse took my ______and told me I had a fever.
(A)furniture (B) adventure (C) temperature (D) moisture
7. They are building a new ______ for the coming Olympic Games.
(A)playground (B) athlete (C) stadium (D) occasion
8. Today’s football match has been ______ because of bad weather. They will play
next Friday instead.
(A)postponed (B) cancel (C) cancer (D) controlled
9. The greenhouse _______ is the problem of the gradual rise in temperature in the Earth’s atmosphere.
(A)influence (B) affect (C) effect (D) efficiency
10. AIDS(Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome) is caused by a kind of virus, but signs of the disease may not appear until several years after a person is
(A) existed (B) requested (C) specified (D) infected
11. We have two rooms. One is downstairs and _______ is upstairs.
(A)the other (B) the others (C) other (D) others
12. The climate of Taichung is similar to ______ Los Angeles.
(A)those of (B) what of (C) one of (D) that of
13. For men ______ work requires much sitting, walking is strongly recommended.
(A)who (B) that (C) whom (D) whose
14. Being on time and ______ everything by exact time is important in modern society.
(A) organize (B) organized (C) be organizing (D) organizing
15. I have never been to the U.S., _______.
(A)nor he has (B) so does he (C) nor does he (D) nor has he
16. John gets along well with Peter _______ their different views on politics.
(A) for fear that (B) in spite of (C) instead of (D) so as to
17. We waited for a long time, but Tom never ______.
(A)made of (B) got from (C) took off (D) showed up
18. On his way to work, his car ______ .
(A)got down (B) took down (C) broke down (D) broke up
19. ________, I will tell you something interesting.
(A)First of all (B) First for all (C) At all first (D) Last or least
20. No one can prevent us ______ getting married now that we are of age.
(A)of (B) from (C) to (D) of
21. He hurt himself, _______ he?
(A)did (B) does (C) didn’t (D) doesn’t
22. I make ______ a rule to get up early every day.
(A)it (B) that (C) which (D) this
23. All the people in the plane were lost, ______.
(A)include (B) includes (C) included (D) including
24. There was hardly ______ money left in my pocket.
(A)no (B) some (C) not (D) any
25. I ______ from Tom since he left two years ago.
(A)have never heard (B) didn’t hear (C) don’t hear (D) wasn’t hearing
26. In early times, most people were too busy ______ a living to have many hobbies.
(A)to make (B) making (C) make (D) to be made
27. ______ your address, he would have written to you.
(A)Had he known (B) f he knew (C) If he would know (D) If had known
28. ______ a fine day, I went swimming with John.
(A)It was (B) It being (C) Being (D) Because
29. The number of American universities that offer scholarship to foreign students
(A)have (B) are (C) has (D) be
30. To pass the entrance examination, ______ .
(A)your lessons must be studied very hard (B) studying hard is necessary
(B)English is very important (D) you must study very hard
- Anonymous2 decades agoFavorite Answer