西方婚禮???

請問在西方婚禮中牧師都說些什麼? (希望可用英文答)

Actually I wanted to know what they exactly say.

Rating
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

The pastor will say what the new couple wants him to say, or they go for another pastor. It's common to have at least one interview and/or a marriage consultation. First, he will talk about the meaning of commitment and how to live a religious life together in the marriage. The last thing is to talk about the wedding, style, family, audience, and of course, the sermon. The pastor will make sure he gives some guidance to the new couple, blessings and make very sure not to touch anything politically incorrect.

_________________________________________________

OK, there are many ways to do it, below is an example (used in USA) of a very simple version, however all the essentials are included. Enjoy!

We welcome you today to the marriage of $groom_full_name and $bride_full_maiden_name. We are met together in the presence of their dearest family and friends to join this man and this woman in holy matrimony. This is indeed a joyful time, in which we witness the love of these two people expressed in the joining of their lives together.

$groom_first_name... $bride_first_name... Marriage is a covenant of faith and trust between a man and woman requiring openness of life and thought, free from doubt and suspicion, and commitment to speak the truth in love to one another. Marriage, also is a covenant of hope that endures all things, and in which both husband and wife commit themselves to interpret each other's behavior with understanding and compassion, and to never give up trying to communicate with each other. Marriage, therefore, is a covenant of love in which both husband and wife empty themselves of their own concerns, and take upon themselves the concerns of each other as they love and care for one another.

$groom_first_name... $bride_first_name...

Do you both come freely, and without reservation, desiring to commit yourselves to one another in this covenant of marriage?

Both: (We Do)

$groom_first_name, will you have $bride_first_name to be your wedded wife, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?

$groom: (I Will)

$bride_first_name, will you have $groom_first_name to be your wedded husband, to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?

$bride: (I Will)

Who gives $bride_first_name to be married to $groom_first_name?

$bride_family_member: (appropriate person name/family name)

($bride_family_member steps back, releasing $bride's arm. $bride and $groom join their arms together.)

Friends and Family... In today's day and age, our society has come to accept couples living together indefinitely without the benefit of marriage. This has led our generation to ask the question, "Why get married?" Sadly, it is as if splitting the rent constitutes love.

Today however, we are fortunate enough to witness our dear friends, $groom_first_name and $bride_first_name, make a statement. Today, before us and before the eyes of God, they are stating that their love is a bond. A bond spans so much further than "splitting the rent" or being glorified roommates. It is a bond that tells the world, that their love is worthy of marriage. That their love is a bond that will last a lifetime.

$groom_first_name, $bride_first_name... From this day forward, you will no longer be two individuals in a relationship. You will become each other's family. And unlike your blood relatives who you acquired by chance or perhaps in a plan of a higher power, you have chosen each other. The bond you enter into is an expression of your love and your will.

Today, each of you are stating to the world, that you are putting your partner's needs before you own. That you are committing to the growth and well-being of your partner. That you are pledging your love and support for each other at all times. That under all circumstances, for richer and for poorer, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, you will put each other's needs before your own. These are not things that can mandated by the state. These are not things that can be dictated by legal contract.... These are pledges you make in your hearts, with your hearts.

If anyone knows any just cause why you may not be lawfully joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. The rings please. $groom_first_name and $bride_first_name please face each other and join hands. The unbroken circle of the ring represents many things. It is a symbol of eternity because there is no beginning or end to it. It is a symbol of the pledges you are about to make to each other and the strength of your commitment. It is a link in the spiritual chain that binds you together. $groom_first_name, take $bride_first_name's left hand in your left hand, and with your right hand, place the ring on her finger. Repeat after me.

With this ring I give myself to you.

I place my strength in the service of your happiness.

Your dreams I will share.

Your burdens I will bear.

From now until forever I will be incomplete without you.

$brides_first_name, take $grooms_first_name left hand in your left hand, and with your right hand, place the ring on her finger. Repeat after me.

With this ring I give myself to you.

Your dreams I will share.

Your burdens I will bear.

You have entered into the holy covenant of marriage, held sacred by almost all religions since the dawn of time. May your joy last forever and your disappointments be few.

By the power vested in me and in the name of the State of $your_state, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

2005-04-19 02:57:59 補充:

是一個朋友傳來的﹐如果有興趣多看一些﹐可以看http://www.sermonsearch.com/

用wedding當Keywords可以找到761個例子