chia asked in 社會與文化語言 · 2 decades ago

請問當警察抓到犯人時所...........?

請問當警察抓到犯人時所說的那一段話怎麼講?

"you have the rights to .................."

謝謝~~@_@

Rating
    2 decades ago
    Favorite Answer

You Have the Right

From Factmonster.com

In most cases, before making an arrest a police officer must read this list of rights to the suspect. It is called the Miranda warning because of the 1966 Supreme Court decision, Miranda v. Arizona. When Ernesto Miranda was arrested and questioned by the police, the information he gave them was used against him at his trial. This was a direct violation of the Fifth Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Miranda appealed, claiming that his rights were violated. The Supreme Court agreed; since then, in most cases people are read the Miranda warning upon arrest.

"Miranda Warning"

(1) You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer any questions.

(2) Anything you say may be used against you in a court of law.

(3) As we discuss this matter, you have a right to stop answering my questions at any time you desire.

(4) You have a right to a lawyer before speaking to me, to remain silent until you can talk to him or her, and to have your lawyer present when you are being questioned.

(5) If you want a lawyer but cannot afford one, one will be provided to you without cost.

(6) Do you understand each of these rights I have explained to you?

(7) Now that I have advised you of your rights, are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present?

最常聽到的應該是 (1), (2), (4), (5), (6) 的組合,確切用字稍有不同,但意思大同小異:"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you can not afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense."

2 decades ago

You have the right to remain silent. Any thing you say can and will be used aginst you in a court of law. You have the right to an attourny. If you cannot afford an attourny, one will be provided for you by the the state