I'm finishing a management degree, and want to own a small business, but don't know which business is suitable

I'm a single parent and have little experience in business. I'm seriously considering to own a small business, but don't know how I can handle it and what type of business is relevant to my studies of business management. Where can I get supports and assistance. I do research and find most of shops for... show more I'm a single parent and have little experience in business. I'm seriously considering to own a small business, but don't know how I can handle it and what type of business is relevant to my studies of business management. Where can I get supports and assistance. I do research and find most of shops for sale are NOT doing well, but asking for a high price becase most of them going through business brokers. How do find a good shop at a reasonable price and be suitable to my own personal circumstances? Welcome all your comments and responses. Please don't send offended comments.