In your own words, what does fashion mean to you?

Answer using own opinion

Favorite Answer

Well, in my opinion . . .

The term fashion applies to a prevailing mode of expression. Inherent in the term is the idea that the mode will change more quickly than the culture as a whole. The terms "fashionable" and "unfashionable" are employed to describe whether someone or something fits in with the current popular mode of expression. The term "fashion" is often used in a negative sense, as a synonym for fads and trends. In this sense, fashions are essentially a relief from boredom, or a distraction from important matters, for the idle rich. The term is also frequently used in a positive sense, as a synonym for glamour and style. In this sense, fashions are a sort of communal art, through which a culture examines its notions of beauty and goodness.

Fashions are social psychology phenomena common to many fields of human activity and thinking. The rises and falls of fashions have been especially documented and examined in the following fields:

Architecture, interior design, and landscape design

Arts and crafts

Body type, clothing or costume, cosmetics, grooming, and personal adornment

Cuisine

Dance and music

Forms of address, slang, and other forms of speech

Economics and spending choices, as studied in behavioral finance

Entertainment, games, hobbies, sports, and other pastimes

Etiquette

Politics and media, especially the topics of conversation encouraged by the media

Philosophy and spirituality (One might argue that religion is prone to fashions, although official religions tend to change so slowly that the term cultural shift is perhaps more appropriate than "fashion")

Technology, such as the choice of programming techniques

Of these fields, costume especially has become so linked in the public eye with the term "fashion". The more general term "costume" has been relegated by many to only mean fancy dress or masquerade wear, while the term "fashion" means clothing generally, and the study of it. This linguistic switch is due to the so-called fashion plates which were produced during the Industrial Revolution, showing novel ways to use new textiles. For a broad cross-cultural look at clothing and its place in society, refer to the entries for clothing and costume. The remainder of this article deals with clothing fashions in the industrialized world.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Answer using own opinion

Source(s): words fashion you: https://shortly.im/eRKIX

Fashion does not mean anything to me as I think it is chain stores forcing people to dress all in a similar way for the season like clones. People should dress how they choose, in styles and colours they enjoy and that flatter them. I do not follow fashion but rather believe in having a few choice and good quality clothes that mix and match for a different look and can be dressed up or down to suit the occasion.

To me fashion means that I can do anything I want as long as it lets people know what I'm usually like. I love to be creative, but I have to match. I love clothes, shoes & jewelery. Of course make-up can add a much needed touch to some outfits. I have this roll on shimmer eye shadow that I love to add to certain outfits!

Fashion to me doesn't mean being a slave to it. It is as one person said self-expression. U could even create ur own fashion statement. It's all abt what suits u and what makes u most comfortable & what makes u feel and look good.

• hhhh

Self-expression.

To me fashion means that your outfit has to go with your mood or how you feel

Fashion is the way you dress act walk and talk. The way you let people know this is me SELF EXPRESSION

Being who you are. And being comfortable with yourself. Someone who doesn't follow trends.

please do not took me in to fashion but i do

have an answer dose it mean popular