How to fix a Phone problem?

Can anyone explain the proper wiring for a phone Jack, or know of a good site to help!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

pots lines are in houses. pots stands for plain old telephone. in your house you have a Demark. it is were the phone comes into the house. in it is two pins, green "TIP" and red "Ring". if you look at the end of the cable jack the green and red cables are pin 5 and 6, the two in the center of the jack. in the wall you should have two pair, green red and black yellow. you have two pair in case one pair goes bad but most people hook it up anyway because of the kinda jacks they have. if you have any other question just contact me. O by the way green red is the first pair and black yeoow is the second.

Source(s): I am a phone system installer
    • Login to reply the answers
  • Dave R
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Phone jacks are easy-peasy.

Phone lines run on two wires. A typical phone jack has four connections for two phone lines.

There's usually a color scheme. Yellow and black are one phone line and red and green are the second. As I recall yellow and black are usually the first phone line.

So, just take the two wires which come out of the wall, connect one to the yellow connection on the jack and one to the black. If that doesn't work, try the red and the green.

That should be it.

• 1 decade ago

go to an existing jack, write down the wiring pattern, duplicate it.

• Ashes
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Hire a techie

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.