can the police take your blood without arresting you first?

Favorite Answer

yes if they have a warrant for dna or bodily fluid or you give consent for it to be taken. other then that no.

first of all the police are not medical professionals, so them taking your blood should not be a question. you must have gotten in trouble for driving under the influence??? if so the police dept can subpoena the results of a blood test from the doctors. you will not be notified until you go to court.

• cantcu

Nope! Anytime you feel you are not free to leave you are under arrest. You have a right to refuse the test. At least I don't know any states where you have to.

I hate that anyway. They are compelling you to give evidence against yourself. I think it should be unconstitutional.

Yes, In the USA, This is normally done as they are beating you.

Source(s): Cops n Robbers Weekly

In most states there is implied consent, ie, if you have a license, you give consent to be tested. If you refuse, they can have your license pulled for refusing.

In the USA? I don't think so. That would seem like an unreasonable search (and seizure).

They did that to me in europe.Damn transylvania police department.

If you give them permission, and if they have a court order. ( don't have to be arrested to have a court order)

they can if you give them permission. but if you dont they DONT. its against your constitutional rights - esp if they dont have a warrant.

yes they can, if they have probable cause, and you have to pay for it