can the police take your blood without arresting you first?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

yes if they have a warrant for dna or bodily fluid or you give consent for it to be taken. other then that no.

• 1 decade ago

first of all the police are not medical professionals, so them taking your blood should not be a question. you must have gotten in trouble for driving under the influence??? if so the police dept can subpoena the results of a blood test from the doctors. you will not be notified until you go to court.

• cantcu
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Nope! Anytime you feel you are not free to leave you are under arrest. You have a right to refuse the test. At least I don't know any states where you have to.

I hate that anyway. They are compelling you to give evidence against yourself. I think it should be unconstitutional.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, In the USA, This is normally done as they are beating you.

Source(s): Cops n Robbers Weekly
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In most states there is implied consent, ie, if you have a license, you give consent to be tested. If you refuse, they can have your license pulled for refusing.

• 1 decade ago

In the USA? I don't think so. That would seem like an unreasonable search (and seizure).

• 1 decade ago

They did that to me in europe.Damn transylvania police department.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If you give them permission, and if they have a court order. ( don't have to be arrested to have a court order)

• 1 decade ago

they can if you give them permission. but if you dont they DONT. its against your constitutional rights - esp if they dont have a warrant.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes they can, if they have probable cause, and you have to pay for it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.