Should I join the church choir?

Should I join the church choir? I have a decent voice, but I have a shyness problem. Would that be a good way to overcome shyness?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think singing in a choir is a great way to overcome shyness with singing because you are in a group of people, so no one is focusing directly on you. Also, it's a wonderful way to worship.

• Jen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

To overcome shyness, join the choir. Sit in the second row if it makes you feel better. I overcame my shyness when I got a job as a cashier and suddenly had to talk to hundreds of strangers every day!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Do it because you want to sing to the glory of God, not to overcome shyness. When you sing, keep your eyes either focused on the music, or look up. Focus on Him. That is what the praises are for.

• 1 decade ago

It could be a great way to help you overcome shyness. Chances are you'll meet supportive people in the choir and you will also be appreciated when you sing in front of the congregation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is a great way to overcome some shyness. I would say most definately do it...a great way to meet other people who also may feel the same way...a little nervous etc.

• Eautha
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

What?? Whoa! Picky, picky. All the church choirs I've been in were *happy* to take anyone who could sing on pitch. But then we're Greeks. As our saying [translated] goes: "There's room for everyone except one [the devil]."

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've heard it said that singing is praying twice. I can't carry a tune in a paper bag and so refrained from singing at Mass but someone once told me...'Scripture says, make a joyful noise unto the Lord" it does not say make a "beautiful" noise. Now I sing (in my pew, not in the choir), but I do sing with joyful noise.

• 1 decade ago

You should it's a great experince it's a way to get closer to your spritually. It would deifinatly help with shyness and help with gaining a few friends. This is a choice that you have to want.

• 1 decade ago

Why not Michelle. Its a great way to over come shyness. if iam as bold and as gifted as you, iwould. It can open he door to many things. Just beware you need to priorotise your time. Good voice comes with constant practice. Are you ready for that?

Go for it girl. I beleive you will make it.

Source(s): Personal testimonies
  • bootsy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Do it. It will help with your shyness and you will be praising the Lord.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.