Why is Prince such a big deal?

Like most people, I think he's produced some really good music. And definitely some bombs. But I get the sense that the music industry and Prince fans know something that I don't when they talk about his greatness. Is he great? If so, why? Are his lyrics deep? Does he have particularly unusual technical skill?

What is so special about Prince?

Favorite Answer

Prince is able to play multitude of instruments and genres. He mastered the piano at seven, and 6 instruments by 12. He is the youngest to ever produce his own albums at the age of 19. He takes risks and help define the sounds of the 80's. He was the first black artist to appear on MTV. Not Michael Jackson.

He can play against the best of them, he's toured with the Rolling Stones, and Rick James when he was starting out.

Finally, most of his albums sound different for his previous. yes, he's given us some crap but also some real jems. I recommend see his "I die 4 U" live performance from 1985 and you will see a real showman.

Prince William and Harry have an uncle that has crimson hair, and any Royal babies could have a mixture from crimson to darkish brown hair as at as quickly as as William and Kate are married and characteristic babies. Prince Charles had a bigger healthful whilst Harry grow to be born with crimson hair. i do no longer understand what the undertaking with it truly is all approximately.

Prince is song writer extradinaire.

When doves cry, Kiss, Nothing compares 2U.

Classic stuff. And the whole slave bit pissed off the record co but he spoke for artists everywhere.

I think it's kinda like the Chuck Norris thing...you know, Prince can do whatever he wants because he's Prince.

Certain people promoted him well. Just like anything else if someone in the right position didn't find him he would be dead or flipping burgers.

1 fact that I know is, he's voted one of the best looking vegetarians.

beats me!