Am I the only one that thinks Taylor Hicks is the worse Ameican Idol ever? I find him very mediocre.?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Not at all. I have heard that people say he appeals to older people (I am 62) and he makes me sick to watch how he prances around on stage. Also, given the fact that he has made his living in show biz the last few years is not fair to the other contestants. Without his "gyrations" he is less than a mediocre singer. Kat should have won on talent any day of the week.

• 1 decade ago

I feel the same way. After the tour is over and everything I don't think we will hear much about him after that. On a AI interview I read it said he appeal to woman 30 to 51. Sorry but that isn't very Idol like. I will be waiting for Katherine to release a album.

• 1 decade ago

That is exactly why he won! He stands out form all the other artist we have.Every AI seems to blend in with the current artist,and believe it or not,not everyone enjoys the artists and hits of today.I like old music,and artist with more soulful voices.It seems that everyone whines or yells,and I am looking forward to hearing what Taylor will do.Besides,he has a beautiful disposition,unlike all the others that will just blend in with the crowd.I really can't tell them from the others ,just by listening.

• 1 decade ago

Taylor Hicks is up against heavy AGEISM...and the "Love of Skinny Youth" ism...But there is a saying that: "The older the violin...the sweeter the music!" One of the other guys did have a real good smile...but I forgot his name. Ever notice that ordinary name people usually get "NOWHERE"? Just easier to recall a "Smarna Genn" that a Sam Smith I guess.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I think that the only American Idol who HASN'T been mediocre or worse is Kelly Clarkson

• Emm
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

He is charming and different. I'm glad he won. I'm tired of the same-old same-old. Taylor is fresh and unique and amazingly guileless. Go Taylor!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, you are just about the only one. YOU SUCK! ~GO TAYLOR~

P.S. He won 'cause he's great on stage and very entertaing and just a great person, not stuck-up like Katharine. :)

• 1 decade ago

I agree 100%!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hey, is this Katharine McPhee?

• 1 decade ago

he is not the worse but he is close to it...

very sad how Americans seem to think what talent is .......

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.